• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No audio preview when two 3D viewer windows are open

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am doing 3D animation and change the Comp view from "1 View" to "2 Views" the audio won't play during previews.  Switch back to "1 View" and the audio will play.  Very sure it's a bug, just wanted to report it.  I'm on a 2013 Mac Pro  running OS 12.6.3 on AE version 23.2.0 Build 65

Bug Started
TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Hi folks! Thanks again for your reports about this issue. A potential fix is now available in the latest builds of After Effects Beta, version 23.6x11 and later. If you can, please install the Beta version of After Effects and let us know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
21 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris Heuer,

I can reproduce the issue at my end. Thanks for reporting it. 

Moving your post from Discussions to Bugs to let the devs know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I got some sort of bug! 😄

My sound cuts off after one "keyframe" of sound when im previewing.  

I only plays one tone of sound and then i turns off again. I have tried restarting, roling back a version , with and without headphone, but still the same issue.

What do i do? Please fix! 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about your system, your project, your audio prefs, preview settings and so on that is of no use to anyone. you need to be much more specific.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @pederv13227570,

Thanks for reporting this issue. As @Mylenium mentions, we'll need more information about your system in order to determine if this is a bug or a setup issue. OS, audio hardware, etc would be helpful.

Thanks again for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide, 

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry did not know that 😄 

My after effects version is 23.2.1 (build3) But as i said i´ve tried roling back to (v.22) but its the same.

I´m on a Mac Studio (2022) MacOS Ventura  version 13.2.1

I'm not a tech guy, so i dont know what the rest is, or where to find it 😄

I´m working on a animation for a costumer, but the issue is in all of my projekts. And as i said i tried whith and whitout headphones. 

My feeling is that its af render prewiev issue, but the projekt is not that heavy. 

Is the any more info you need? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @pederv13227570,

Yes, that info is helpful, thank you! Is this still happening if your entire composition is rendered? I'm suspecting it may have something to do with the preference to Mute Audio when the Preview is Not Real-Time, shown below in the Previews section of the Preferences. Do you have this preference enabled?

Preview-Prefs.png

You might also try an audio-only preview by using Control+. on your keyboard. If this also doesn't play for more than a half-second, please send us a screenshot of the Audio Hardware section of your Preferences. It would also be helpful to know what format your audio source files are e.g. WAV, MP3, AIFF, and what bitrate they are encoded with.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mute Audio button is not turned on, so its not that 😕 

The entire preview is renderd, but only blue, not green! Might be the problem? It never goes completly green only bits of it, and its the same in many of my other projects? 

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 08.04.17.png

The same is happening when i hit Control+. only one keyframe of audio is playing 😞

It´s a wav file in this project, and here are some screenshots 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 08.09.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 08.12.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that info, @pederv13227570. Much appreciated! An additional question: how many views do you have shown in your projects? I.e. are you using either of the "2 Views" or "4 Views" options in the Composition panel, or have more than one Composition panel open?

Thanks again for the details,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m using  2 Views, i hace some camera action going 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thank you! If you switch to a single view, does the audio preview start to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh yes it does! Thank you 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to elaborate on this, I also encountered this issue. Strangely, on my machine (Win 11 v22H2, AE 23.3.0 Build 53), it will play a fraction of a second of the audio and then cut out. But you can still hear the track while holding Ctrl and scrubbing, so that's kind'a maybe a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ethan.starkweather,

We've noticed the same behavior, with audio playing for just a fraction of a second. We've filed this issue as a bug, and our developers are currently working on a fix. Thank you for sharing the workaround with us.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns. We're here to help!

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guten Abend zusammen, 

ich hoffe ihr könnt mir helfen!
Ich versuche gerade eine 3D Raumanimation passend zur Musik zu machen, jedoch sobald ich die einzelnen Bilddateien auf 3D schalte und eine Kameraebene hinzufüge, spielt die Audiodatei nur noch einen Frame ab und das Video läuft ohen Ton weiter.
Ich arbeite mit einem Macbook Pro 16" M1 Max mit 32C GPU (Falls die Info notwendig sein sollte)

LG Robin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LG Robin,

Are you currently using two or more views? If so, what happens when you switch to 1 View in the composition panel? If the problem resolves when you switch to 1 View, it seems like you've encountered a known bug. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are actively working on a fix.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!
You´re right, if I switch to one view the sound is working.
It´s a bit laborious to animate the camere but it works.
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to everyone who has filed this bug. The After Effects team is aware of the issue and we're discussing a fix for a future release.

To work around this problem until a fix is available, do either of the following:

• Change the View Layout popup menu in the lower-right corner of the Composition panel. (or View menu > Switch View Layout) to 1 View.
  • Select the view you wish to preview in the Composition panel, click on the panel menu (three lines) for the Composition panel, and enable the Always Preview This View option. Note that this option is specific to the active view (blue triangles appear in the corners of the viewer) and will need to be changed each time you want to change which viewer previews. (Enabling Always Preview This View forces After Effects to use that viewer for preview, including audio, and bypasses the bug.)
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using 2 or 4 views, for example working with 3D cameras, if the active viewport is not set to "active camera" audio stutters, then stops, while video continue playing.
Selecting back "active camera" viewport allows to preview with audio normally.
Is a very reproducible behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi folks! Thanks again for your reports about this issue. A potential fix is now available in the latest builds of After Effects Beta, version 23.6x11 and later. If you can, please install the Beta version of After Effects and let us know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate