• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: DJI FC8284 Air 3 (Telelens) / DJI Mini 4 Pro (Firmware) Profiles

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most recent firmware update 10.08.05.77 for the DJI FC8284 Air3 broke the ability of LR / Camera Raw to recognize its camera as a supported camera, and the Adobe camera profiles are no longer available for the camera's DNGs.

Please note I can apply Auto lens correction where the Make, Model, and Profile are correctly applied, but unfortunately, I cannot use any Adobe Color profiles. -In my editing, I prefer to start in Adobe Color Neutral and build from there.

Example file: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/el8y5li4k5u7q8muztq2h/DJI_20240628110415_0361_D.DNG?rlkey=ul8l3q9lhy9...

File EXIF data:

Device make: DJI
Device model: FC8284
Software: 10.08.05.77
Lens: 70.0 mm f/2.8

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Hey Everyone, I'm not sure if you have checked lately, but Adobe actually pushed out an update of Lightroom 12 days ago that actaully fixed the Adobe Raw Images profiles. So when I import DJI Air 3 raw images, those Adobe Raw color profiles are present. Thank you Adobe! I think that is first time I've ever been involved in an Adobe fix. Pretty cool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Assigning bug and requesting files.
Updating status. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
15 Comments
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before DJI Mini 4 Pro FW v01.00.0300 (from 2023.12.21) Adobe RAW profiles (Color, Landscape, Vivid etc.) were available in Lightroom for editing Mini 4 Pro RAW images. After FW update (more updates have been released meanwhile) Adobe RAW profiles are not offered anymore. Same in Lightroom Classic, Desktop and Camera RAW.

I did some investigations and found that the root cause is a change of EXIF tag IFD0:UniqueCameraModel which was "DJI FC8482 Mini4 Pro" before the FW update and "DJI FC8482" after. Mini 3 Pro has the same camera; its RAW files are tagged with "DJI FC8482" and here the Adobe RAW profiles are available.

Who should be addressed to look into (and hopefully fix) this issue, DJI or Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue. Both DJI or Adobe could fix it, so hopefully one will.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DJI has created a mess with a firmware update changing the metadata fields that other apps rely on.

Adobe fixed the issue for the DJI FC8282 Air 3 only:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-firmware-update-for-dji-fc8282-air-3-breaks-adobe-c...

but apparently it needs to also fix the issue for other cameras separately, including the DJI Mini 4 Pro and the DJI FC8284 Air 3 (Telelens):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/dji-fc8284-air-3-telelens-breaks-adobe-camera-... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, please consider moving to Camera Raw Bugs; this issue was fixed for the DJI FC8282 Air 3 but apparently not for other DJI cameras, including the DJI Mini 4 Pro and DJI FC8284 Air 3 (Telelens) (see above).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, the Camera Raw engineering team needs example files for both the DJI Mini 4 Pro and DJI FC8284 Air 3 (Telelens).

Is there anyone on the thread capable of providing an afflicted file for either configuration? 

Thanks!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, I am so glad to see an Adobe Employee on this thread. As the OP of this thread, I believe I have provided all that is required for the DJI FC8284 Air 3 Telelens, please see the OP.

But to make it easier here is a link to the same file: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/el8y5li4k5u7q8muztq2h/DJI_20240628110415_0361_D.DNG?rlkey=ul8l3q9lhy9...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assigning bug and requesting files.
Updating status. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone, I'm not sure if you have checked lately, but Adobe actually pushed out an update of Lightroom 12 days ago that actaully fixed the Adobe Raw Images profiles. So when I import DJI Air 3 raw images, those Adobe Raw color profiles are present. Thank you Adobe! I think that is first time I've ever been involved in an Adobe fix. Pretty cool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rrobertsvideo @Rikk Flohr: Photography , I can confirm, DJI Air 3 Telelens Raw files are now able to choose Adobe color profiles. Thank you, this can be closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I can confirm, DJI Air 3 Telelens Raw files are now able to choose Adobe color profiles. Thank you, this can be closed."

The DJI Mini Pro 4 hasn't been confirmed yet to work with LR 13.5 / CR 16.5. @Karsten.G, please do Help > System Info to verify which version of LR you're running. If it's not LR 13.5, update to 13.5 and see if the Adobe profiles are now present. If they're not, please upload a sample raw to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar and post the sharing link here, as requested by Adobe employee Rikk Flohr to enable engineering to test the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 31, 2024 Aug 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Lightroom Classic version: 13.5 [ 202408062022-6258095b ].

Adobe color profiles cannot be chosen for DJI Mini 4 Pro raw files.

Here is a sample image captured with latest drone FW V01.00.0600:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/90en84li2oa26xml5ldrb/DJI_20240831101915_0001_D.DNG?rlkey=mdgzfka31xk...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2024 Aug 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, in case you missed it, @Karsten.G just uploaded a sample DJI Mini 4 Pro raw DNG exhibiting the Adobe profiles problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all, 

A new update for Adobe Photography Products has been released.  The October (MAX) update contains an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for being so patient.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! I can confirm that for Mini 4 Pro the issue has been fixed with LrC 14.0

Many thanks for your support to get this solved, Rikk!

Votes

Translate

Translate