• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to ME failing to add burnt in captions

Explorer ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since recent updates (can't remember exactly what version) I have an issue sending files to Media Encoder from Premiere.

When sending to Media Encoder a custom preset isn't working correctly and captions are consistently not being burnt into exported files.

If I export directly from Premiere with our preset I have no issue, but when sending multiple files to media encoder captions are either not burnt in at all, or one file will be burnt in but remaing files won't.

Preset selected to send to ME from Premiere. As shown, captions are selected to be burnt in, and if I export with this they appear as expected.

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 10.23.06 AM.png

Preset once sent to ME.  "Burn captions into video" selection has been lost (no longer selected), and even if I manually select it at this point it generally still won't burn them in either.

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 10.26.09 AM.png  

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 10.24.50 AM.png

I've tried re-creating the preset but this is also has no effect, nor has re-installing software from a completley clean OS install either.

Due to this I'm exporting files one by one, which is a bit of a time waster as can't continue working while Media Encoder exoprts anymore.

I tried adding the preset to this post but it won't accept the file type...

Syste specs are:
Premiere 24.4.1 (build 2)
Media Encoder 24.1.1 (build 2)
OS Sonoma 14.5
MacBook Pro 16 M1 Max and Intel Macbok Pro 16 i9

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Presets , Render Queue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Would you be able to share your project? I haven't reproed up to now. I can private message you the instructions in this forum if this is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
9 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of captions do you use? Do you have any additional effects in your PPro project? Do you have "Import sequences natively" turned on or off? I will try to repro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The captions are created based on the 'subtitle' format with our own style for font/placement, and the text is generated through Premieres transcription feature, then adjusted further as necessary.

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 8.43.59 AM.png
'Import sequences natively' does seem to be selected as an option in Media Encoder.

RE effects: All of our sequences with captions would have clip scaling/positioning changes as for social media formats.  There may also be some other effects (depending on edit), but not always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will take a look. Bear with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just transcoded MPEG-2 to MP4 using transcribed captions, and in Premiere Pro's Export Panel, I chose "burn in." I sent the sequence to AME for transcoding and pressed "play" in AME. Everything worked as expected. Can you retry using the available system presets? Your preset may be messed up. Can you try a simpler version of burn-in to find out if that part is failing or if there is some special case in your preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. If I export say ten timelines, all to h264 with burnt in captions, then some files will have captions and some will not. They're all using the same export preset and are queued at the same time. If I then manually export these timelines one at a time directly from Premiere then the captions are correctly burnt in.

I first saw this in v24.3 so updated to 24.4.1 in the hope things would then work, but the problem has persisted. I have tried the usual things like emptying the cache but that didn't help. If you want to try and replicate the problem then I would make ten test timelines, (they can all be the same), then batch export the lot and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now rolled back to 24.2.1 and captions are now being reliably burnt into exported videos. I have changed nothing else - same project, same export presets. 

M1 MacStudio, Sonoma 14.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be able to share your project? I haven't reproed up to now. I can private message you the instructions in this forum if this is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't share the current project thanks to NDAs but once I get a break later this week I'll make a test project which will hopefully demonstrate the problem. Yes, pelase PM me the instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am having the exact same issues, some things are rendering with and some without. also started to get black frames and the video cutting off half way through for no reason. Its very frustrating. I've resorted to rendering straight from premier or after effects and having less control over the settings as i cant waste time working it out

Votes

Translate

Translate