• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link in 2024 Premiere Pro and After Effects not working

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I replace a clip with and AE comp, it works fine. However if I quit AE the dynamic link seems to break. Back in PremPro it does not see the link. I was on the line with Tech Support for an hour and it seems to be some sort of conflict with maybe Plugins, Extensions, or the Apple Silicon Driver. I was not able to work on a previous project and had to reinstall 2023 versions and run in Rosetta.  I'm in the middle of testing out the extensions and plugins one at a time.  I am running the current Mac Sonoma on an M1 Ultra.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Interoperability or 3rd party tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue since the Update on the latest version. It just doesnt work at all anymore. A smoll Premiere Window Opens but there is no text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an issue with the version compatibility. I had too Update both - After Effects and Premiere Pro.

Set-Up:

16" M1 Max 32 GB Ventura 13.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same on the macOSx Monterrey version. Everything seems to be working fine on my Windows 11 PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happens to me. I can't belive they haven't fixed this yet. It's totall bulcrap

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same on 2024 with M2 ... trying to connect to Dynamic server but never makes it ... however it worked once as I modified somethg in after & it followed automatically in première, now everything seems stuck 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media explorer from Première does not read anything anymore from after ... ... no way to re-connect media which is just pending :(((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue across our entire organization still in Feb of 2024.  Multiple MacStudio computers with different configurations, fiber connected to a central Quantum server. 

Multiple Premiere Pro CC23 projects that worked fine - no longer connect to the embedded AE comps after upgrading to CC24.  Was able to force connection to a newly saved AE24 version of the project only to have the clip go offline after modifying the comp.  Had to downgrade to be able to keep working.

I thought waiting till v24.2 would fix any of these kind of issues.  This is unnaceptable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same/Similar problem here:

I am working on a large project in Premiere that requires detailed rotoscoping. I am using Dynamic Linking with After Effects, and everything works fine. However, every time I close and reopen the project, all links are broken; not only that, but the files Premiere and AE become corrupt, making my system crash and lose all the progress.

I tried every solution I could find online -everything- but nothing. I could only keep working without losing my progress by leaving the project in Premiere and After Effects open for days while I finished that part of the project.

Hopefully, the team at Adobe can fix this in the near future; this is something I have experienced many times. It is very frustrating and makes you think about switching to other platforms because it is your job online.

Set-up: MacBook Pro - 2.4 HGz 8-Core Intel i9 32GB - Sonoma Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am dealing with the same issue as well. Using versions 24.3.0 (Build 50) of AE and Premiere. As a working professional who is paying $80/month for the adobe suite, this is unacceptable. Dynamic link is the only reason I haven't switched over to Resolve yet, but now that is seeming like a more favourable option. Not happy over here. @Adobe, fix your software for all of us paying users!

Votes

Translate

Translate