• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI generated image has watermarks from other stock sites

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded an image from Adobe Stock without downloading the preview first.  After importing it into Photoshop I noticed that there appear to be faint artifacts of other watermarks on the image.  I knew this was an AI-generated image before downloading it but I didn't expect to find these additional watermarks on the image.  This makes it unusable.

Wanted to report this image for further review.   I'm not concerned about getting refunded but wanted to keep others from making the same mistake.

https://stock.adobe.com/images/icing-frosting-texture-seamless-background-close-up-created-with-gene...

Also, this is kind of a red flag... I was under the assumption that the images generated with AI were using a dataset of other Adobe stock images.  These watermarks make it seem that Adobe stock is stripping images from Google or elsewhere without consent (hints the watermarks).  

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Asset Quality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Hello @SarahStyle, This image was uploaded by the contributor before Adobe Firefly was public so it was not created in Firefly. I see the issue you're referencing and I've sent these details to be reviewed internally. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the image.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The asset does indeed have some issues. Perhaps @Contributor1 can assist you with a refund.

That said, there is no guarantee this asset was created using Adobe's Firefly, as AI images from other AI softwares can be submitted here. This used to happen more often with older AI softwares than with the latest iterations, so perhaps this was created some time back. In any even, the contributor clearly didn't spend enough time reviewing this image for inconsistenies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @SarahStyle, This image was uploaded by the contributor before Adobe Firefly was public so it was not created in Firefly. I see the issue you're referencing and I've sent these details to be reviewed internally. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the image.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification!  Glad to hear this isn't a Firefly issue either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@SarahStyle,

Just to say, contributors are free to use any image generator they want. They do not need to use Firefly, as they do not need to use Photoshop or Illustrator. 

But assets with watermarks and other issues clearly passed the quality contral that gets done by Adobe before they enter the database, but they should have gotten a refusal.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started