• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Denoise AI and Pentax K3 MKIII DNG files - not working

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any noise reduction using Denoise AI on Pentax K3iii DNG files in Lightroom Classic v12.3. Any future solution to this issue?

Thanks

Tom

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

I've opened a bug for investigation. I've downloaded two of your sample files to attach to the bug. 

Thank you for the report.

Note:  this thread will be updated when we have more information available. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
95 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk - it seems to be ineffective on all Pentax K-3 mark iii DNG files as a general rule. This discussison started over on the Pentax Forms discussion group. I confirmed to the group and the group concurs that Denoise AI appeares to be ineffective on K3iii DNGs.  

Thanks for your attention on this.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pentax K-3 Mark III Raw Image

https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/pentax-k3-iii/Y-JG-PENTAX-K3-III-0926.PEF.HTM

Only the color noise is being affected by Denoise. 

There was another forum post with a similar (?) camera that had the same issue. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ricoh cameras are experiencing the same issue but we have separate bugs filed for them. Ricoh here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lr-classic-12-3-denoise-dont-work-for-r...

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to use denoise to my foto (pentax k3 iii) en does'nt work

can you tell me the reason?

thanks 

william bruggeman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new LrC 12.3 Denoise function only works on Bayer and Fuji XTrans raw files.

If you are trying in on jpeg, dng or some other format it will not work.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just about to start a thread on this very same topic, but found yours. I too see almost no difference in my raw, high ISO (3200 and above) DNG files coming out of my K3iii when processed through the new Denoise feature in either Camera Raw or LR, Thought it was just me, but apparently not. Would be cool if they got on this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny enough, I ran some RAW DNG files out of my old Pentax K30 and the Denoise feature worked like a charm in both Camera Raw and LR. Seems like this bug is only affecting newer Pentax camera RAW DNG files. Weird. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to work with K1ii files ok. I did not extensively test it, but seems to work. I also have a K3 original but haven't been using it since my K3iii. So I don't know if Denoise works on K3i files 
Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree that K3 mark iii (ISO 12800) sample showed practically no difference between the original and the LR Denoise version.

Can confirm that LR Denoise works well K-3 mark i (ISO 6400) and K-5 (ISO 51200).

LR Denoise also works on K-1 mark ii (ISO 16000), which is odd, since the mark ii was an upgrade from K-1 mark i (Co-Processor chip on the motherboard that significantly reduces noise at high ISO)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my K-3III - that is, very little to no noise reduction, with patchiness in the application. I've even seen noise reduction in lighter areas while there is next to nothing in the darker areas - weird.

My old K-3 files shot at 51,200iso however can be noise reduced totally and completely.

Thus I concur with thix2112.

Cheers

AB

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With my K-3 Original the Denoise AI works perfectly.

With my new K-3 Mark III the Denoise AI has little to no affect. I am greatly disappointed as this is one of those features that got me to move from Luminar to Adobe. 

Any progress with figuring out what is causing this bug and when there will be a fix released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with my Pentax KP. The same LRC install/version works as expected (great NR) with the K-50 I have, but not the KP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an issue with RAW pictures of my Pentax K70 and the new KI Denoise function.

If I select the image and start the process, the noise isn't gone away (also movement of the slider doesn't show any effect). If I take the "same" image taken by my other Pentax K-S2 there is no problem.

I tried it with all combinations of the Raw settings at the camera (PEF or DNG and sRGB or AdobeRGB) - nothing changed.

I've seen the hint about "Bayer- und X-Trans RAW-Pictures", but I cannot find anything about the Raw pictures of Pentax.

Maybe, somebody has an idea what going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raw pictures of Pentax are the Bayer type.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the sensor may be the same for the K70 as the GRIII in which case, this might be the root issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-denoise-on-dng-from-ricoh-gr-iii-x-is-missing-lumin... 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Looks like this is the same issue.

Hopefully this will be fixed sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No changes in Camera Raw 15.5 which was rolled out today... there is some reduction of color noise as before, but no luminance NR at all with my K-3iii raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I have the same problem with my Pentax K-70 (which might have the same or a similar sensor to K-3iii). I realy hope there will be a fix for this. Pentax is Adobe standard DNG-files, which there are reasons for Adobe to encourage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 15.5.1 and still nothing for one of the best cameras out there. What a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I may have gone off half cocked. While not a lot seems to be happening at relaitively "low" high iso settings - 4000 and maybe up to 10,000 - it seems to be doing a reasonable job when you hit outrageously high iso settings like 128,000 (in my case). More investigation necessary!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add the Pentax KP to the list. Same issue here.
BTW I'm using PEF, and so it doesn't seem to matter which of the two available RAW-Formats you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this for Ricoh + Pentax DNG ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 16.0 has been released, no improvement...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried indeed the pentax image linked to above by @digitaldog in yesterday's Lightroom release and indeed enhance is not doing anything for the luma noise at all. In fact the "enhance" image is worse than the original. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a K-3 Mark III and run into this issue 😞 This is a very bad news for me, especially as it seems that Adobe don't care at all, as the issue was reported in April!

Votes

Translate

Translate