Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Rings/Vignetting with Tamron 17-70 Lens on Fuji XT-4

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I hope you can help me with this, it's driving me insane.

I noticed the problem first when shooting into a blue sky with clouds at a wedding, then I saw the problem on a table the next shoot as well. Now I checked with a white wall and found that Lightroom actually does this to my newly picked up Tamron 17-70 2.8 (on a Fuji XT-4)

I'm having crazy rings and vignetting with the Tamron lens, first thought it's the lens, but it's Lightroom adding the crazy rings. Since when I'm importing there's nothing, but when i hover over the image and select it, it takes a second and then Lightroom adds them to the picture, as if it where implementing a lens correction, but horribly wrong. Turning off Lens Profile / Correction doesn't do anything, once it's there it's there. Also the JPEG looks fine, it's only the raw file. 

Attached are the two images, it's easy to tell which one is the JPEG sooc and which is the RAW file out of Lightroom with the "vignette" 

Can you please tell me how to fix this, and what is going on there?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Update:

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The August 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
72 Comments
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eight months after detecting the problem, I turn on my Mac and Camera Raw is updated to version 15.3. I open Lightroom with hope and... nothing. Adobe still hasn't fixed the double rings problem. How long will it take to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. They still haven't fixed the double vignetting problem, with the Tamron 17-70mm f2.8 for Fuji, when editing with Adobe software.

how long to wait?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fernandojota Completely agree with you!
That's so dumb to have that issue with such a cool lens.
I think about it a very day 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community.

This defect, which only occurs when shooting at 17mm and at a large aperture (f2.8...) Does it occur only with the X-T4 or has anyone also observed it with the X-H2s, for example? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nine months after reporting the bug, Adobe still hasn't fixed it, but if you don't pay a month's fee, Adobe does "fix" the subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that the problem disappears in Adobe Photoshop, selecting the image and typing in the artificial intelligence “fix the double exposure ring bug” (irony mode)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography ¿hay noticias?

Gracias !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you remember in your childhood, the night you waited for Santa Claus with gifts?  I have the same feeling with Adobe, every time I turn on the computer and check if there is an update and when there is, I wonder, will this be the one that solves the double exposure/vignetting rings that occur in the combination Fuji x-t4 +  Tamron 17-70mm + Adobe? The same joy that Christmas day will produce me when that update arrives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an ACR update today, 15.4. It's like opening a surprise envelope, waiting for the gift I want to come out: no double vignetting rings on photos taken with the Fuji X-T4 + Tamron 17-70mm f2.8 . All my illusion went away when verifying that the error continues here. Waiting for the next update...

Captura de pantalla 2023-06-13 a las 20.16.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Tamron lens for Fujifilm X mount in the list of lenses compatible with Adobe software.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Poll on the future of error:

a.- I hope that Adobe solves the error in a short time. 

b.- Adobe does not fix the error. I change the X-T4 for the X-HS2.
c.- Adobe does not solve the error. I trade the Tamron 17-70 for the Fujifilm 16-55mm.
d.- Adobe does not fix the error. Change Adobe for Capture One.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fernando,

I wish I had found out about this prior to purchasing Tamron 17-70. I do love the lens though. Apparently it is up to Adobe to do something about it. It strikes me Adobe has not been able fix it over the period of 10 months. That sucks as I have been subscribed to Ps + Lr package for years. I do eperience the same weird phenomenon even on PC so I do not think this is a Mac issue only. 

I am downloading Capture One right now. Shame on Adobe for not fixing it over such a long period of time. I will make sure this gets plenty of attention on Fuji forums. 

Take care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really a shame. Also have been subscribed to Adobe for so many years and just nothing on this (easily fixable) bug. 😞

@fernandojota 

Thanks for throwing in the XH2S argument, i own that one now for video work, and have just tried the lens on that one. The problem seems to be gone in combination with the XH2S. That is a workaround for me right now, but certainly not even close to a good solution from adobe to anybody else. 

I was also close to selling the lens after not having used it for all those months because of this bug. But selling it now would mean loosing 400$ for a lens i used ONCE, on a job where I had to paint out the bug by hand in order to deliver.

@Rikk Flohr / Adobe 

Thanks for updating the bug status to "noted, don't care." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to fix this terrible bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¿Cuánto tiempo falta para que corrijan el error?

¿Después de "CONFIRMADO" va "INVESTIGANDO" o "CORREGIDO"?

__

How long does it take for them to correct the error?

After "CONFIRMED" do you go "INVESTIGATING" or "CORRECTED"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's be real: Adobe won't fix this error, there's probably not enough Users with that Lens/Body Combination, so they do the math and it's not economical for them to do anything about it.

After 10+ Years with Adobe I'll now look into Davinci Resolve for Video Work.

I'll first cancel my Premiere Subscription and then I'll check out CaptureOne for Photography Work.

I've been putting up with all of Adobes Bugs for long enough, and the 50 bucks every month are not at all justified with the service they provide these days - at least on the applications I use. 

I'm sure losing me as a customer won't bring Adobe down, but from what I've been hearing from many colleagues I'm not alone with my decission. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The August 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have updated Adobe Camera Raw to today's version. If I open a RAW file in Adobe Photoshop the effect is fixed, but in LR CC I still get the error. I deleted the LR CC catalog previews file, rebooted the Mac and when I regenerated the previews in LR CC I got the double vignetting error. 

Captura de pantalla 2023-08-11 a las 12.05.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because Lightroom (Classic and Cloud) does not use ACR plugin.

They have ACR built-in, and we'll have to wait for updates to Lightroom with updated ACR to get this fix.

Hopefully it will be released soon enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the reply.

I didn't know. We will wait. The important thing is that Adobe has fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When are you going to update Camera Raw for LR CC from 15.4 to 15.5 to fix this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate