• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR Elements version and super resolution

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the super resolution feature available in  Photoshop elemnts version of ACR?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is only a guess, but I suspect that it will not be a feature that will be available in Photoshop Elements. As I understand Elements, Camera Raw only enables the user to work in 8 bit mode, and "I don't think" the super resolution feature is compatible with that mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim,

I don't think either that this feature will be offered for the limited ACR version of Elements.

However, the huge advantage of ACR for Elements is that it works internally in 16 bits mode and wide Prophoto color space. Contrary to common belief, Elements can work in 16 bits with all global editing tools and most filters, but it does not support layers nor detaild tools. Those restrictions are negligible for most Elements users after they have edited their photos in 16 bits mode in ACR:  at that stage, all global adjustment necessary to avoid any posterization have been applied. Then most layer and masking adjustments are applied in normal blend mode for compositing: in that case, 16-bits has strictly no advantage. For detailed tools like dust removal, 16-bits is useless, it it important for gradients over significant areas.

I have tested the feature in Photoshop with a  relatively low specs computer adapted to Elements: it it slow, but works as designed with the modest GPU. I am not sure most PSE users would be happy with the slowness of the feature and Adobe Marketing will  be happy to create a noticeable difference in favour of the subscription model...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines