• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjust auto white and black points in ACR

Engaged ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I hit "auto" in the "basic" panel or first panel in ACR, my whites and blacks are not anywhere near to clipping and are both always require additional adjustment because of it. I don't expect perfect results everytime but it would be nice to have good results at least some of the time. Is there a way, as there is in Photoshop "curves" and "levels" for me to set custom points for "auto" in ACR?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

There is no way to customize the auto settings, as far as I know.

For what it's worth, I never use the auto button, and I adjust highlights and blacks with with the Alt key pressed, which gives you an indication of clipping, and also of which color is being clipped.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to customize the auto settings, as far as I know.

For what it's worth, I never use the auto button, and I adjust highlights and blacks with with the Alt key pressed, which gives you an indication of clipping, and also of which color is being clipped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Per Berntsen. I do a lot of volume of quick editing of client film scans and being able to set my auto points can save a lot of time when doing thousands of images. I'm always looking for ways of knocking a second or two of my editing time in this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines