Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 12.2 - Setting Defaults

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just updated to Camera Raw 12.2, it's reset all my default settings (bit annoying).

Does anyone know how to save the settings now... The menu seems to have lost the "Save New Camera Raw Defaults" option?

Untitled-2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. So yesterday I called the Adobe Service in Germany, but got no help at all and didn't find out anything helpful by myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your link > great help. I found there another interesting link about the way how to work with different ISO-defaults.

<https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter

Your link didn't quite work..

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2020/02/how-to-create-custom-raw-defaults-in-adobe-camera-raw-v12-2.ht...

did though.

So they've made it "simple" eh?

Alistair

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link is broken. How do we set and ensure defaults are saved?

I open ACR and click the three dots for More Settings and then click Set Raw Defaults, but when opening a new image it still applies some mystery defaults from elsewhere? Super frustrating and time consuming.

Thanks for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This link works and explains the process:

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2020/06/16/streamline-edits-with-the-improved-raw-defaults

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One problem is, that the German Adobe Help ist not up to date!

Another problem is, that the English Adobe Help is not 1:1 with the German version.

Furthermore, the German Adobe Hilfe recommendations for setting CameraRaw Standards (see Screenshot) are obsolete and are written in Feb_2017!!

JKosts's blog may be O.K., but it is a complicated way to do something, which worked in earlier versions in a much more simple way for a most users: definining new Camera Raw Standard from an actual preset – as shown on the screenshot!

I really would like less many updates but some more continuity.

CameraRaw Settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Habe ich auch nicht gefunden. Wollte auch verschiedenen ISO-Wert Voreinstellungen auswählen. Habs nicht gefunden.

Noch schlimmer, ich finden das neue Freistellungswerkzeug furchtbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines