• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 14.0 Slow

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 14.0 is terribly slow on mac OC Monterey. You select an area using the brush tool, you sit and wait for everything to stand out. very slow. My computer is not weak.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Update today fixed this bug.!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be more specific, no issues on this end (same, new OS). 

First, what raws from what camera?

What are your computers spec's, specifically your GPU and amount of RAM?

The brush size does or doesn't affect the speed? 

Try resetting prefs:

1. Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
  2. Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My comp

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch

4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar issues, I have the new 16" MacBook Pro with the M1 Max with 10 CPU cores, 32 GPU cores, and 32GB of memory and running it in high power mode plugged-in I was noticing adjustment brushes to be super laggy on a small portion of a Canon R5's compressed RAW file. I had run the file through DXO Pure RAW which significantly increases file size but I've been using that on my 2019 iMac 27" with a six core i5 and have never noticed any issues with lag while using adjustment brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I am experiencing the same lagging with CR 14.0, on a high speced Mac. I am working on 100MP H6D Hasselblad files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich habe genau dasselbe Problem - der Anpassungspinsel agiert super langsam! Liegt das etwa an den neuen "tollen" Maskierungsmöglichkeiten??? Das Problem liegt eindeutig bei Adobe! Ich arbeite unter macOS Big Sur auf einem MacBook Pro 15" 2018 2,2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 16GB 2400 MHz DDR4 .... also kein schlechter langsamer Computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... auch das Reparatur-Werkzeug funktioniert super langsam! Die Verlauf-Werkzeuge habe ich noch nicht ausprobiert, ich vermute aber auch dort denselben "speed" ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. CR 14 on my new MacBook Pro M1 Pro is slower than the previous version my my 2103 MacBook Pro. Especially with local adjsutments. It has also unexpectedly quit on me a few times, right before I had fin ished my adjustment, forcing me to do them all over again. This has never happened before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who have posted on this thread, can you respond please with your installed Mac OS Version number?

Additionally can you respond with the status of your GPU Switch in your CR preferences? 

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 2.21.09 PM.png

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Big Sur Version 11.6.1

[Graphical user interface, application Description automatically generated]

Please consider the environment by not printing this email.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
are not the intended recipient please notify the sender named above immediately by email. Any use, disclosure, copying or forwarding of this email and/or its attachments is unauthorised.
Any email message sent or received by the College may require to be disclosed by the College under the provisions of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.

Charity Number (SC021189)

Dumfries and Galloway College, Bankend Road, Dumfries, DG1 4FD
TEL: +44 (0)1387 734000
This email has been scanned for viruses by Fusemail SecureSmart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update today fixed this bug.!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many Thanks will give it a run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! It's much faster now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it started to slow down again and work slowly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updater has NOT fixed the bug. I posted about this last October, when my MacOS was Big Sur.

Now I am on Adobe 23.1.1 and Monterey 12.1.

I work on:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

80 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB (supports full acceleration)

Camera raw, Canon R5

CR preferences: ProPhoto RGB, 8 bit, 300 dpi, cache 100 GB

AdobeCC 2022

80% of my business is product photography. Using the adjustment brush (as it's own mask or an add-on to "select subject" mask1 ) is like watching paint dry. A fast adjustment brush is critical for true sRGB white backgrounds in my product photog workflow considering I average 200 deliverables per week. Another problem is that cropping went back to a slow glide motion where the photo is moved around, rather than the much quicker crop lines being what moves. These 2 issues alone easily double the amount of time I have to spend editing each week. 

*The adjustment brush works just fine in Lightroom, but I have my reasons for using Camera Raw instead.

What's the deal Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What resolution are you driving the Retina display and does lowering it alter the lagging?

Have you tried resetting ACR prefs? May help. Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"
See also:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it started to slow down again and work slowly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it is fast, then the speed goes down AFTER resetting pref's, or setting the display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After which update it started working well, but after the last update it started working slowly again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL the same problem. HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for info, although it's not exactly the same problem:

My ACR 14.5 on Monterey MacOS suddenly became extremely slow when I used the crop tool. It happened from one day to the next, without any updates. Adobe support couldn't fix it, but I found out afterwards that I just had to change "Use Graphics Processor" to Auto. Then the ACR worked again as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issua... like he said my computter its not slow.. I've never had tthis problem.

I'm running a
Threadripper 3960X
RTX 3080
64 GB RAm
on 2x 2TB SSD PCIe 4.0 Gen 4 

And I can't describe how slow this program is... mostly its slow when I'm working with masks, and its unbearable when working with a brush on masks

This has to get a fix soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines