Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way to download this to my CS5, need D800 NEF support

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

rogerw1  wrote

John, camera raw 6.7 does support my D800, I just looked on the adobe site under CR 6.7.

Yep, according to the 6.7 release notes, that is the case

Adobe Camera Raw 6.7 and DNG Convertor 6.7 Now Available on Adobe.com

It was also first supported in 7.1

ACR 7.1 and DNG Converter 7.1 Now Available

My guess is it was added in both 6.7 (for CS5 owners) and 7.1 (for CS6+ owners)

The Camera Support table is a bit misleading. Anyway, install 6.7 and you're on your way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates start here and select product, read to see if you need to install updates in number order, or if the updates are cumulative for the individual product http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

That is, of course, if your 6 year old program will even work with that version of raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, camera raw 6.7 does support my D800, I just looked on the adobe site under CR 6.7.

I have not been shooting much, but have tried several times over the last 2 years to download 6.7 and always get an error message.

Adobe states that they only support their photoshop products for 3 years so maybe thaty is why I get the error.

Just wondering if there is a work around.  CS5 does all I need it to do, have owned all of them since CS and don't want to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rogerw1  wrote

Yep, according to the 6.7 release notes, that is the case

It was also first supported in 7.1

ACR 7.1 and DNG Converter 7.1 Now Available

My guess is it was added in both 6.7 (for CS5 owners) and 7.1 (for CS6+ owners)

The Camera Support table is a bit misleading. Anyway, install 6.7 and you're on your way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rogerw1  wrote

have tried several times over the last 2 years to download 6.7 and always get an error message.

Can you be more specific? What error exactly? Got a screenshot?

Which operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this link no longer results in anything to do with ACR 6.7 or any other version.

I get that Adobe wants us to all jump on CC. But some of us have legacy computers running bought and paid for copies of CS5 or CS6. Maybe we only need to do one simple job and CS5 is just dandy. For those people, please make it less torture to find the ACR installers, updaters etc. This has taken an hour out of my day and my conclusion is, Adobe has nothing but disdain for it's customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these links:

(only good for the 7.1 camera raw plugin and older)

(dng converter up to 13.1)

windows

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Windows

mac

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Macintosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I glimpsed that page but then lost it. None of my searches on adobe.com was helpful in locating due to all the unrelated chud in the search.
In the meantime I downloaded it from some other site. Hope it's not some cracked version with malware inside.  Oh well, blame Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heck this new installer won't do me any good.

First it has a damaged image file structure. I have to open it in Disk Utility and save it as a new image with no compression or write protection. Then it will execute.

But wait there is more!

It won't install because it says the directories aren't there.

Well I guess that is why I am installing it? Most applications will create folders as needed to facilitate their installation. I guess Adobe never got that memo.

This has been far too much time and energy for something that should be simple, and easy to find.

I'm moving to camera software solutions for this particular project.

Investigating other options down the road for my Creative Cloud computers. That monthly bite is not worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of macOS do you have?

Which dng converter or camera raw plugin are you wanting to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, this link doesn't work. Basically none of the links for CS5 support/downloads work anymore. Adobe Application Manager detects there are updates but fails to download, and ironically the link to download the latest update on the updater application is broken too:

https://www.adobe.com/mt/downloads/other-downloads.html

The link for the Adobe Application Manager leads here:

http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

The link is dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DNG Converter will be your only answer!

DNG LEGACY SUPPORT

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 6.7 is not what you need for the D800.

Updated in reply above. D800 support was added in bot 6.7 and 7.1. The Adobe Camera Support table is slightly misleading in that it shows only 7.1 support.

If you still need 6.7 anyway, install it manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Adobe Camera Raw​ forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines