Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera raw 9.1.1

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

i have just upgraded my camera to a canon 6D and my ps version is not reading the Raw files.

I have PS CS6 and Camera raw plug in version 7.0.0.308 ( working on a MAC )

I need to download and install Camera Raw 9.1.1, which is the last version that is compatible with Photoshop CS6.

Where can I download camera raw 9.1.1 for my Mac OS X version 10.6.8

i mac5,1 intel core 2 Duo

Please assist

Thank you kindly 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

I'm sorry i made a mistake about the camera raw version after realizing you have Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, since that operating system can only use up to camera raw 8.3 which should still work for your Canon 6D.

http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/PhotoshopCameraRaw7-7.0/8.3.52/setup.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

After you download the setup.dmg file, just double click on it and then double click on the AdobePatchInstaller.app.

Screen-shot-2021-10-07-at-3.51.jpg

If you get the "File to Large" message, perhaps your hard drive is getting full and doesn't have enough room.

To see how much free space your drive has go to Applications>Utilities>Disc Utility and look in the lower right for

Available.

Screen-shot-2021-10-07-at-4.14.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try Help>Updates from within photoshop cs6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry i made a mistake about the camera raw version after realizing you have Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, since that operating system can only use up to camera raw 8.3 which should still work for your Canon 6D.

http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/PhotoshopCameraRaw7-7.0/8.3.52/setup.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you much appreciated !!

Can you please help me with installing the setup.dmg file.

I had the camera raw 9.1.1 setup.dmg file but when I dubbel click on the setup file on my desktop it gives me this message 

defaulto4luu9arek5n_0-1633591776131.jpeg

Is there a different way to open the setup file.

Thank you kindly 

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I will definitely use your latest link

Just need to know how to install please 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you download the setup.dmg file, just double click on it and then double click on the AdobePatchInstaller.app.

Screen-shot-2021-10-07-at-3.51.jpg

If you get the "File to Large" message, perhaps your hard drive is getting full and doesn't have enough room.

To see how much free space your drive has go to Applications>Utilities>Disc Utility and look in the lower right for

Available.

Screen-shot-2021-10-07-at-4.14.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Managed to download the 8.3 version and can now open  the raw files. 
Thank you for your help and advice!!

Kind Regards

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An iMac 5,1 is from 2006! Way out of date and obsolete, it will struggle with those 6D RAW files.

You can update to Lion OS X 10.7.5, but you are still way out of date and unsafe to be on the Internet.

My suggestion is to find a newer computer. For well under US$1000 you can get a current Mac mini or a used iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Will have to look at a newer computer or upgrade the harddrive. Hope this works. Thank you for your message. 
Kind Regards

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines