• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw disappeared in Photoshop 23.1.0 MacOS Monterey

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I moved to Apple Silicon and therefore updated Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge and Camera Raw.

After that PS doesn´t rcognise RAW files and Camera Raw disappeared in the "Filter" menu. as I don´t know where Camera Raw is sitting on my Mac i can´t find the app in the application folder.

Lightroom is able to open Raw files. 

Can somebody help please?

Thanks

Ralf

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Location location for the ACR plug-in, Mac:
HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC/File Formats

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I found it, but it does not appear in Photoshop. So I can´t open any RAw file. I restarted my Mac with no success either.

Has anybody an Idea how I can re-download Camera Raw?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this first:

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

When you found the plug-in, if you do a "Get Info" (command I) on the icon, make a screen grab and upload that or tell us what version it shows.

And what happens if you double click on that icon?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

resetting the preferencies doesn´t do anything, exept all settings are gone...

I can´t find any version number for Camera Raw (s. attachment). It must be the latest, because I updated it today.

Any other idea?

Tx

Ralf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try installation again from the Creative Cloud application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that? I did not find any "button" to re-download PS. So I moved PS into the trash, but adoe creative cloud still has Ps on the list as if it is on my computer....

Tx

Ralf

PS: I appriciate your effort to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to re-install PS without any success. Cammera RAW does not exist with PS. I do have also an older version 2021, it´s the same...

Does LR work with Camera RAW? Because LR can open RAW files on my Mac. I don´t know what to do, PS is almost worthless for me if I can´t solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any support from ADOBE tech people available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rbbm wrote:

How do I do that? I did not find any "button" to re-download PS. So I moved PS into the trash, but adoe creative cloud still has Ps on the list as if it is on my computer....

Tx

Ralf

PS: I appriciate your effort to help

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! Re-installing was the solution! 

I do still have problems, but not with Camera Raw. But my MacBook crashed a few times -PS freezed- and I had to restart the computer, It seems that all of the software is not really fitting. My WACOM Intuos tablet is not recognized by my computer.... It might take some time until everything runs smooth enough as I was used to it with MacOS 14...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines