• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw editing is not enabled.

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a light weight editing solution, and I want to explore whether Bridge plus Camera Raw is for me. So I installed Bridge plus a trial of Lightroom Classic, which I tried in the past and which I don’t like. My operating system is Windows 10 Pro.

Now when I right click a photo in Bridge and select “Open in Camera Raw…”, then I get:

Camera Raw editing is not enabled.

Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been licensed.

What does this mean? A trial of Lightroom Classic is not enough to try Bridge?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Lightroom-Classic does not use ACR. (when a photo is sent from LrC to Ps it uses the Camera Raw settings applied by the Lightroom develop 'engine'.)

"Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been licensed."

You would need to install Photoshop also to use ACR. ACR is a Plugin for Photoshop only.

OTOH, Bridge is 'free' (by itself) and can be used without a paid subscription, but you do not get ACR unless you subscribe for Photoshop . (eg. in the Photography Plan 20Gb).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom-Classic does not use ACR. (when a photo is sent from LrC to Ps it uses the Camera Raw settings applied by the Lightroom develop 'engine'.)

"Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been licensed."

You would need to install Photoshop also to use ACR. ACR is a Plugin for Photoshop only.

OTOH, Bridge is 'free' (by itself) and can be used without a paid subscription, but you do not get ACR unless you subscribe for Photoshop . (eg. in the Photography Plan 20Gb).

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Installing Photoshop trial did the trick. As far as I can see, ACR with Bridge is quite a nice solution, very light weight, and without the need to set up a database. I'll try it out for a few days, then decide. For Photoshop I have no use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines