• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw masking is taking about 5 minutes to select in 23.4.2

Participant ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated to 12.4.2 I am finding that it is taking 4-5 minutes for the masking feature in Camera Raw to select subjects and skies. I am also having this problem in Lightroom. I am running Windows 10 with the following specs so I don't think it is my computer and I haven't had this problem until this latest update. I have tried resetting my preferences; increasing the amount of RAM PS can use, and increasing the cache size, but none of this has helped. Does anyone else have this problem and, if so, how can I get it working properly?

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.7 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.88 GB
Total Virtual Memory 23.2 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.28 GB
Page File Space 7.45 GB

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Camera Raw preferences:
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"
See also:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you to TheDigitalDog,

So I deleted the preferences. I also updated my Graphics Card. I’ve cleaned out the cache and run a Support Assist script from Dell.

It is a little bit faster … 3 minutes to select a sky in ACR masking rather than 4-6, so this might have helped a bit.

I tried Sky Replacement in PS, and that is working fine.

This Select Sky is working fine in PS using the Select Menu.

So, as I was not having a problem with this function until this latest update, I think there must be a bug in the ACR software that is causing this.

Is there anyone else having this problem? And, Adobe, if you are listening ….. can you think of a solution.

Thank you again for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines