Exit

Camera raw plug-in CS5 [Unable to open Raw files from Nikon D750]

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased new camera, a Nikon D750, and now

my Photoshop version CS5.1 with the cameraw raw

plug-in version 6.7 doesn't support the files from it.

Which version of the raw converter plug-in can I install

to tackel this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

That camera requires Camera Raw 8.7 or later (or Lightroom 5.7). The last version of Camera Raw supported in CS5 was 6.7. So Richard is correct. You will either need to update to CS6 or newer in order to run a more recent version of the ACR plugin, or you will need to use the free DNG Converter utility to convert your files to DNG before importing.

You can find the latest DNG Converter downloads here:

Mac - Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.8

Win - Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 9.8

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None, you either upgrade to Photoshop CC or use the DNG converter Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Adobe DNG Converter installed and it is unable to open any .NEF files from my Nikon d7500. I believe I have tried every option posted, including changing the Camera Raw settings to various options (CS5 CS6 etc). I am using the latest MAC OSX system and Photoshop CS5. I can also not open from Adobe Bridge. And I also get the "you must first open a qualifying product" error message that seems to plague people. Any advice not already listed would be appreciated. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DNG Converter does not open a file, it opens a folder containing raw files.  Don't drill down past the folder level.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim. I eventually discovered that by experimenting but great to have confirmation that I’m doing the correct thing. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean that you are getting the message that there are no files to convert, notice that the DNG converter is prompting you for a FOLDER. Choose the folder containing your NEF files, but do not open the folder. The DNG converter works at the folder level only. Choose the folder containing the NEF files, and then choose a destination where you want the DNG files written.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard,

I know that this is 3 years later but thank you so much!  I finally and begrudgingly upgraded my Windows 7 computer that was running CS5 this past Christmas.  Technology had obviously passed me by and it was crucial that I update if I wanted to use the RAW photos from my new Nikon camera. I just couldn't imagine paying a monthly subscription for Bridge and Photoshop though because I don't use it that much.  I searched to the ends of the internet for a digital copy of CS5 and finally found one that I could transfer my old key to since Adobe no longer had evidence of my purchase from 2011.  But alas, it still didn't work until I found your answer to my NEF problem.  

My systems are now a go so thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!

Keli Danielle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That camera requires Camera Raw 8.7 or later (or Lightroom 5.7). The last version of Camera Raw supported in CS5 was 6.7. So Richard is correct. You will either need to update to CS6 or newer in order to run a more recent version of the ACR plugin, or you will need to use the free DNG Converter utility to convert your files to DNG before importing.

You can find the latest DNG Converter downloads here:

Mac - Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.8

Win - Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 9.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeffrey,

I know that this is 3 years later but thank you so much!  I finally and begrudgingly upgraded my Windows 7 computer that was running CS5 this past Christmas.  Technology had obviously passed me by and it was crucial that I update if I wanted to use the RAW photos from my new Nikon camera. I just couldn't imagine paying a monthly subscription for Bridge and Photoshop though because I don't use it that much.  I searched to the ends of the internet for a digital copy of CS5 and finally found one that I could transfer my old key to since Adobe no longer had evidence of my purchase from 2011.  But alas, it still didn't work until I found your link to my NEF problem.  

My systems are now a go so thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!

Keli Danielle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines