• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw "Open Image" button does nothing...

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...in a certain scenario; let me explain.

If this belongs in the Bridge community, please let me know.

Currently running CC 2017 on OS 10.11.6.

Working with .CR2 files from 5D Mk II and Mk III

I've opened Bridge and navigated to the .CR2 files in question. Select a file and "open in Camera Raw" either by keyboard shortcut, button or right-click. Make adjustments in camera raw and then click "open image." Nothing happens. Photoshop is suppose to launch, but it doesn't. No error message is received. I've reset photoshop and bridge settings to no avail. I was having this issue with 2015.5 before the upgrade to 2017 as well. This is an institutional copy running on an institutional machine (but no fancy configurations, etc).

I can only get raw files to launch from bridge if I double-click them. This launches photoshop and then camera raw. Adjustments can be made and the "open image" button will send the image to Photoshop with no problems.

I realize this may be splitting hairs, but it used to work via the "open in camera raw" path.

Anyone seeing similar issues or have a fix?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Since this is an institutional machine, I wiped it entirely and reinstalled CC2017. The problem no longer persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Camera Raw do you have? Just a wild guess: it sounds like it's an old version of ACR that's looking for a older version of PS, which isn't there. Any chance to get ACR reinstalled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's ACR 9.8.0.692. Seems to be the latest version. I have other machines where this problem does not exist. Thinking it may just be an issue with that particular box. May have to wipe and try to reinstall. Unless someone else has any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phototoyo,

Try reinstalling ACR using the link below: -

Adobe Camera Raw

Please let us know about the outcome.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since this is an institutional machine, I wiped it entirely and reinstalled CC2017. The problem no longer persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines