• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Suddenly is Extremely Slow

Participant ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shooting with a Nikon D600 in RAW and opening in camera raw.  Photoshop CC 21.2.4.  Windows 10 up to date.

Starting about a week or two ago, when photos were opened in camera raw they were extremely slow.  I'm talking about about eight to fifteen seconds per operation.  If I went into Photoshop and then called up camera raw as a filter, the results were still slow.  All other operations in Photoshop CC are fine.

I tend to blame this on one of the recent upgrades to CC or Windows.  There are no other problems with the computer that I've noticed.  The computer is a two year old custom build with an AMD Ryzen 1800X CPU and a Geforce GTX 1070 video card.  We stay current on Windows 10 upgrades.  If my fading memory serves, this is the first problem I've had with Photoshop.

Thanks for any help - Gerry

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please try reinstalling the Camera Raw plugin and see if that helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what I did if anything, but everything is back to normal.  Possibly an upgrade to Windows or one of my other programs was responsible.

Thank you for your prompt assistance.

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly the update of Windows updated your GPU drivers. And that 'fixed' the issues. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the first one that I tried on NVIDIA site: there are there only Game Ready drivers for GT440, I tried the most recent one, no effect unfortunately

Boris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil, I have exactly the same issue as Gertry, but it doesn't disappear... Reinstalling ACR 13.0 doesn't help. Tried various changes with GPU, RAM, cash parameters... nothing helps. Another abnormality seen in Task Manager of Windows: Power Usage becomes "Very High" when Camera Raw starts, returns to Very Low when Camera Raw close. Windows 10 64 bit,  up to date, GPU Nvidia GT440, Phoptoshop 2020. Any advise would be appreciated.Thanks!

Boris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boris,

As I posted, my problem disappeared as mysteriously as it started.  I just brought up a RAW file with task manager running.  Photoshop CPU usage immediately ran up to around 7% plus or minus (Very High) and stayed there until I left camera RAW at which time it dropped to about .3 percent.

I brought up ON1 Effects and Topaz Studio 2 as Photoshop filters and their CPU never went above medium and that was only during start-up.  Adobe obviously never wavered during these tests.

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gerry, my problem found different solution, it was due to Acronis True Image application. After disabling Acronis, ACR is running perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, as I have had other problems stemming from Acronis!  Make sure you have the latest upgrade!

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad I saw this. ACR was painfully slow when it always has been extremely fast on my PC. Turned off Acronis True Image application and back to being fast again! Don't think I would have ever found this solution without this forum. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't disable it, just make an exception within Acronis for Photoshop, works like a charm and you won't lose any protection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!!!! You saved my life!, ACR was extremely slow so I couldn't use it at all. All I had to do is make an exception for Adobe Photoshop on Acronis and BOOM!, worked!!, Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Camera Raw forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines