• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canvas scrolls while in Fit in View

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canvas unnecessarily scrolls in Fit in View.

1. Open a file in ACR 14

2. Set to Fit in View

3. Switch to mask tab and select an adjustment brush

4. Click near the top of the canvas and drag upward

Result: Canvas scrolls with much of the image moving off-screen

Expectation: Canvas doesn't scroll since the entire image is in view already

Whenever magnification is set to Fit in View or smaller, scrolling should be disabled.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing any issue in 11.6. Could you record and post a short video showing the behavor?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see that behavior. 

What is your pointing device? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both a wired USB mouse and an Intuos CTH690 tablet (6.3.44-1 driver which Wacom says is the latest.) Windows 10 Pro. Bridge-hosted ACR shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it from Bridge and get the same results - no difference. I do not see a scroll in that case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll test on other computers. It's not really a problem, just something unusual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a problem!

I shoot product photos with a white background and typically use an adjustment brush to touch-up the white. With the image set to Fit in View (with all the canvas showing) the canvas scrolls whenever I get near the edge. This is VERY annoying; it doesn't reveal any extra areas and in fact hides the opposite edge content. I have to keep hitting Ctrl-0 to recenter the canvas.

How do I turn auto-scroll OFF so it doesn't scroll when none of the canvas is hidden?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to replicate this either (Mac OS, latest version of it and ACR). 

Do you still see this if the Wacom isn't hooked up? 

I'm using a USB Kensington Turbo mouse. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested on the Mac and cannot get canvas auto scroll to work at all, regardless of image magnification. Not sure what setting is different, I can't find anything that would control this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what "canvas auto scroll "means.

The problem is now gone? Maybe you can post a video of what isn't working. Unless now it is working again.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a video posted above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a video posted above.

By @Lumigraphics

Thanks, it shows exactly what I thought you were describing and sorry, I don't see anything like that. Very, very odd.

So you don't see this on your Mac, and if the Wacom isn't in play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't reproduce this on the Mac. On Windows 10 Pro, it happens with the Wacom unplugged and just using the mouse as well as with the tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok there has to be a toggle or program setting for this someplace. Its a major PITA at this point, I didn't think it was but trying to do anything with the brush in the masking workspace and the canvas scrolls when I get near the edge. MAKE IT STAHP. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines