• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

compiling DNG SDK - unresolved external symbols

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bear with me, as I'm just learning visual basic. I'm at the initial stages of checking that the SDK is installed correctly, but when I build dng_validate, I am stuck with two unresolved external symbols: gVerbose, and gDumpLineLimit

My steps so far are as follows:

1) I'm using Visual Basic 2017, so I also installed Visual Basic 2013 (update 5), in order to work correctly with the v120 platform toolset

2) Under dng_validate properties, the Platform toolset is indeed set to Visual Basic 2013 v.120

3) my folder structure after unpacking the dng_sdk 1.4 contains the three folders, & one file:

dng_sdk

libjpeg

xmp

ReadMe.txt

4) within the libjpeg folder, I have renamed jconfig.vc to jconfig.h

Are there any other dependencies I need to install? or steps to take to have dng_validate correctly compile?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gVerbose and gDumpLineLimit are declared in dng_globals.cpp, which is part of the SDK, if the qDNGValidate macro symbol is defined.

Either you aren't compiling/linking to dng_global.cpp, or qDNGValidate isn't defined for the dng_global.cpp compilation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sandy_mc

Thanks so much for your reply.

dng_globals.cpp is part of the dng_sdk. Is there something I need to do to have dng_validate recognize this?

Here's a screenshot of the solution explorer (VS2013):

vs2013_se.jpg

And the errors after building/debugging:

vs2013_errors.jpg

Any clues what could be going wrong?

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, your solution explorer screenshot can't possibly compile - it's missing a vast number of files in the dng_sdk section, unless the SDK is being included somewhere else. I'd suggest using the project file supplied with the SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sandy_mc

Thanks again for your reply...

re: the solution explorer screenshot, I have dng_globals in the search box, to filter out all other files

I am using the DNG SDK, downloaded from Adobe (dng_sdk_1_4.zip)

I have followed in instructions in the readme.txt for installing/renaming files in libjpeg

I am using VS2013 as I see the DNG SDK was created using this version.

I have also searched the forum to resolve this issue & haven't found any pertinent solutions.

Regarding your first reply, I see in the VS solution explorer that dng_globals.cpp is part of the dng_sdk. Is there something I need to do to have dng_validate recognize this?

thanks so much!

ps. if it helps, here is the view I have of the solution explorer without filtering applied:

vs2013_se2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check whether qDNGValidate is defined during the compile of dng_global.cpp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sandy_mc

Thanks again for the reply... Sorry for the delay--I'm on a learning curve with visual studio... But no qDNGValidate is not defined in dng_globals.cpp

I haven't changed anything from the downloaded version of the DNG SDK. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

qDNGValidate should be defined at project level, within the Visual Studio project - you need to check why it isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines