• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deactivate integrated lens profiles

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm having some trouble processing DJI X5R DNGs with Adobe Camera Raw.

When filming/photographing with the original DJI 15mm or the Olympus Zuiko 45/1.8 everything is fine. But all DNGs I take with the Olympus Zuiko 25/1.8 show heavy apochromatic refraction AFTER Adobe Camera Raw applies the integrated lens profile.

The proxy-files produced by the X5R do not show any problems, it's the same when I process the files with DJI Cinelight, even when I place the DNG-files in Premiere Pro CC and do the color correction with the Lumetri engine, there is no apchromatic refraction.

As a test I have used DNG Cleaner for Apple to erase the integrated profile and when doing that, Adobe Camera Raw imports the DNGs without integrated profile and without any apchromatic refraction.

The downside of DNG Cleaner is that it is one more step in processing the RAWs, and Premiere Pro will not accept the files produced by DNG Cleaner.

So it would be great to have the possibility to deactivate the integrated lens profile directly in Adobe Camera Raw!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

The fix was easy using ExifTool and it can be applied to batches of images. The entire file will be rewritten, so please backup originals and test with care.

Download ExifTool from here:

https://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/ (I personally download the smaller Win OS or Mac OS versions, rather than the full version)

Installation and getting started info here:

https://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/install.html

Getting started: Command-line ExifTool in Windows

The basic ExifTool command

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have better results having this topic moved to the Adobe Bridge Scripting forum, perhaps a Bridge script could bulk remove this metadata from the DNG files…

I’d also suggest posting over at the following forum:

Camera Raw and DNG | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Can you post a download link to a DNG file that contains this info and to the same image that has been cleaned so that a comparison can be made?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

thank's for your advice. Here are the links to the DNGs:

Original file (will be accepted by premiere pro cc's media browser, actual version)

File with erased integrated lens profile (will not be accepted by premiere pro)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martin, please report back on the results of this test image:

Dropbox - DJI_A01118_C004_20171219_000000_TEST.zip

P.S. Your sample with the erased lens profile was surprising in a few respects (not in a good way), perhaps this is due to settings that may need to be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

I was able to import your file (plus 5 copies of it) into Premiere Pro as a sequence. So whatever you have done to it: it works.

Is there a way to apply your solution to a batch of files?

I've been playing around with the settings in DNG Cleaner, but whatever I tried, the "clean" files won't be accepted by Premiere Pro.

Regards, Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix was easy using ExifTool and it can be applied to batches of images. The entire file will be rewritten, so please backup originals and test with care.

Download ExifTool from here:

https://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/ (I personally download the smaller Win OS or Mac OS versions, rather than the full version)

Installation and getting started info here:

https://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/install.html

Getting started: Command-line ExifTool in Windows

The basic ExifTool command line code is:

exiftool -r -IFD0:OpcodeList3= PATH-TO-FILE-OR-FOLDER

To overwrite the original files without creating the duplicate backup _original file:

exiftool -r -overwrite_original -IFD0:OpcodeList3= PATH-TO-FILE-OR-FOLDER

Explanation of the commands:

CodeDescription
exiftoolRuns the ExifTool program
-rRecursively processes all files/folders under the top level input folder
-overwrite_originalTurns off the creation of the backup file
-IFD0:OpcodeList3=The lens info metadata, removed by overwriting with no value

PATH-TO-FILE-OR-FOLDER

Mac OS or Win OS path to the file or folder

All you need to do is type in the following command into your Terminal.app on Mac OS or the Command Prompt on Win OS:

exiftool -r -overwrite_original -IFD0:OpcodeList3=

Ensure that you type a word space after the = equal sign

Then you can drag-n-drop the file or folder into the command window to automatically populate the path to the file, then press return/enter to run the completed command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

thank you very much! Works great and solves the problem, at least as lang as DJI doesn't fix the X5R's firmware.

Regards,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad this helps Martin!

You can get GUI front ends for ExifTool, however they are just a crutch.

You can insert the following command to restrict processing to only DNG files:

-ext .dng

And it is also possible to ignore specifically named subfolders under the top level folder path. There are of course many options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you are referring to lateral chromatic aberration, it is possible that there is a bug in the WarpRectilinear opcode used in the DNG. I reported a similar bug to DJI in the last year or so, though I don't recall exactly which DJI device and/or lens combination it was. In that case, they resolved the issue with a firmware update, so please confirm you have the latest firmware for your X5R.

I will take a look at your sample DNG when I return to the office later next week. Adobe is on holiday break, so apologies in advance for the delay.

In the meantime, you can also enable the "Remove Chromatic Aberration" option on the Lens Corrections panel. This should compute a correction on the image which might be good enough to get the results you are looking for.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

that's exactly what I am talking about. I have the latest firmware on my X5R, but in the meantime I've found that the X5S had the same problem, but in that case it got solved via firmware update about 6 months ago.

The "Remove Chromatic Aberration" option in Adobe Camera Raw does help, but it does not remove the aberration completely, in fact the files aren't usable even with the "Remove Chromatic Aberration" applied.

I will report my problem to DJI, too.

Regards,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good day. I wanted to ask the lightroom version on the ipad and iphone. I have the laowa 15 mm f2 for canon eos rp and with the objective correction I cannot remove the vignette at night you can add that to the objective correction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines