• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG converter not recognizing ORF raw files

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm using the olympus omd em1 mk2 .. and the RAW ORF files arent supported in the Photoshop CS6 camera RAW program .. and Adobe will not update camera RAW above 9.1 in CS6 .. if i could update camera RAW to version 9.9 i'd be laughing .. or so i believe ..

i've updated the firmware on the camera .. and Adobe DNG converter is the latest version .. 11.2.0.135 ..

i have photoshop CC .. and can open the RAW ORF files in that program ..

but .. my computer struggles with CC .. if i try and use different plug-ins or filters .. especially Nik software .. it can send my cpu usage way up and also my ram .. so using CS6 is my best option at the moment ..

i'm running 64bit window7 .. with 16gb of ram ..

so this is what happens when i try and use the DNG converter ..

when i select a folder with RAW ORF files in it .. the RAW files aren't visible .. its as if they are not there ..

someone suggested that i should get an older DNG converter version ... so in the DNG converter software there is an option to change the compatibility to a previous version ..  so i select camera raw 7.1 or later .. but the program reverts back to its current version vs11.2 each time i close and open it again ..

so i am at my wits end .. i dont want to have to open CC to access the RAW files ..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how the DNG converter works, the raw files are not visible when you choose folder.

And it only works at the folder level, you cannot convert individual files, so it will convert all raw files in the folder.

In the screenshot below, the Temp folder contains 59 raw files, but they are not visible.

So just make sure that you are choosing the correct folder, then click Select.

DNG-folder.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thankyou so much Per ..

i am now in a happy place having solved this riddle ..

i feel like i should have realized ..

but its weird that in none of the places i looked made it known that the files within the folder would not be visible ..

probably think its a given ...

but if i had trouble i think other ppl would too ..

anyway .. thanks again and have a great weekend ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines