Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exposure slider jumps back

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I suddenly have problems with my exposure slider . He alsways jumps back to a full number as soon as i use any of the other sliders . ig it set it to  0,8 use than another slider and the exposure slider jumps back to  zero, or from 1,4 to one . Anybody has some advice for me ?

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Nik software and still have the same problem.

Skickat från Rogers iPhone

16 dec 2013 kl. 10:10 skrev "Kim S. Brockie" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Re: Exposure slider jumps back

created by Kim S. Brockie in Adobe Camera Raw - View the full discussion

A few days ago I did a fresh installation of OSX Maverick on my clients computer and installed Photoshop CC on his machine with NIK collection filters. Few days later my client notes that he is again expericing the jumping sliders with latest Photoshop CC and Camera RAW 8.2. and 8.3. His previous setup was OSX 10.7, Photoshop CS6 and NIK filters, he had the same jumping slider problem.

Today I've been testing things on his machine and my conclusion so far is that the NIK filter collection seems to be the source of the jumping sliders in camera raw. I've tried removing NIK software from the machine and testing the camera raw sliders with several images and they work perfectly, did this repeatly on the machine by opening and closing Photoshop. BUT as soon as I install NIK software and use one of their filters, the Camera raw sliders start jumping again.

So my suspicion is that user who have the problem with jumping sliders are using a newer version of NIK software, my client is using version 1.109_412-106.

Myself I'm using a previous version 1.007_22671 on my two machines with CC and I haven't experiened the jumping sliders problem.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5933669#5933669

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Camera Raw at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it. The problem is nik soft filter (LAST version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I wrote to Google and while trying to solve the problem they've mentioned, that they are only seeing this problem on systems that are in Europe.

So what I did was, that I closed Adobe applications, in System preferences/Language&text I changed the Region to United States (Computer)...and all problems disappeared (I have my Language set to English). I've tried to change it back to old settings and the problem was back.

It sounds strange, but now I have my Region settings at "US (Computer)" and everything works as before, no problem with ACR/PS.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey MKalavsky, this is really interresting new information - especially since the client I tried to solve this issue is running a european language on his machine. Had to solve his problem by reverting to a older version of the NIK filters.

Myself I've never experienced this issue and I've always been running with english as main language in my OSX setups. I'll try see if my client dares to update his plugin to the newest version and change his settings to english as you described.

Thank you for the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

English was also my main language. But I had Slovakia set as region, as I live here : ) Changing the region helped...however strange it may sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's quite strange, but it's not the first time this has troubled a application in OSX. Remember a few years back at a workplace, we had some issues a application and the only solution was to change the region/language from a european to english. : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I just wanted to thank you. I've been using acr the last few days after resetting the language and it's amazing but it works. Exposure slider no longer moves around. Fingers crossed this is the solution.

thank you, thank you, thank you...mille fois...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow... I've had this problem too for a couple of months.

The exposure slider jumps back whenever I try to use another slider. Even if I try to change the exposure as the last thing before I open the image, it stills jumps back. It was driving me crazy, so I was really hoping for a bug fix.

Today, I found this thread. And, strange as it seems, it really helps to change the region of the computer..! I've jumped between Sweden (where I live) and USA a couple of times, and the bug is gone when the computer thinks I'm in the U.S. and reappears as soon as I set it back to Sweden.

I'm on an iMac 3,5 GHz i7 with 24 GB of RAM and running Mavericks (10.9.1) with Adobe CC.

A really annoying bug. But an even stranger solution...

/ Kiwi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SwedishKiwi, when you say that you changed the region/language setting -- Where/how did you do that?  For example, did you go to System Preferences and change the Language settings there?  Or somewhere else?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric...I'm not SK, but that's what I did too...system preferences > language and text > Region > and then i selected United States (computer)...

so far this is working...exposure slider no longer jumping around when setting anything else...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazy! But it works. Changing my region from the Netherlands to US and the bug is gone.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just as momo55 is saying; change the country/region and the bug is gone.

I've tried to do it while Photoshop is running, but it seems you have to restart PS after the change for it to have an effect.

This is one of those bugs that I would love Adobe to explain, after they've solved it!

/ Kiwi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for providing the details of how you changed your language settings.  That helps.

Unfortunately I don't have the final answer, but please see reply/post #8 in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6045415#6045415

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2015 May 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unbelievable... The bug is very misterious, as it was working perfectly and suddenly it starts to change my life... 😞

But the solution is absolutely crazy...

The worst is that the bug was claimed on 2013, we are in 2015 in this moment, and everything remains the same... no solution from Adobe... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines