• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

History in Camera Raw?

Participant ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to view history in Camera Raw? It seems the only work-around would be to save Snapshots. Thanks for the help.

David

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no history like that in LRC.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought. So why do some folks use Camera Raw vs Lightroom Classic and how do they address the need to go back in their edits to figure out what works best?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't answer for them.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some people who don’t like how Lightroom Classic works or don’t need or want the extra layers of cataloging and organization, and they just prefer using Camera Raw.

To figure out what works best, it’s possible to undo/redo multiple steps in a session, so that’s one way. Also, Camera Raw does have snapshots like the ones in Lightroom Classic, so if someone wants to save and name one or more editing states that they can return to, even in a later session, they can use snapshots.

If an image has multiple snapshots, you can hover the pointer over them in the snapshot list, and the preview changes to show you what each looks like. So if you want to compare two or more snapshots, you can hover the pointer back and forth over them in the list and see an instant visual comparison of what they look like.

Snapshots are one of those things that’s available only when using Camera Raw as a file import plug-in, either when converting a file at import, or when editing a Smart Object created from a file (not created from a layer). Snapshots aren’t available when choosing Filter > Camera Raw Filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this information. It seems that saving snapshots may be the work-around needed to review how changes have affected the image. Of course the undo/redo would work, but you wouldn't have that history the snapshots provide.

It is good to know that Snapshots don't work if using Camera Raw as a filter. I access CR from my smart objects loaded into PhotoShop from Lightroom Classic so the snapshot functionality should work there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good point, I just tried it and fortunately, snapshots do work in Camera Raw in Photoshop if it’s a Smart Object layer of a file. I am going to edit my earlier reply to clarify that, in case someone reads that in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines