• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get to see the 'Filmstrip' in Camera RAW 13.2?

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use Superresolution in Adobe Camera RAW 13.2.  Adobe help says to "right click on the Filmstrip" in RAW 13.2  to open the new Super-resolution menu. (I use Command-Shift-A to get to RAW)

My problem is that I never ever see a filmstrip in RAW, only the single image I  work on in Photoshop. How do I get to a filmstrip so that I can click on it??

thanks www

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Bottom left corner of the Camera Raw window:

image_2021-03-30_102918.png

The shortcut for Super resolution is Command-Shift-D.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bottom left corner of the Camera Raw window:

image_2021-03-30_102918.png

The shortcut for Super resolution is Command-Shift-D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THanks for the replies. Unfortunately, none helped. There is nothing to
click in the bottom left corner of the RAW window and Command-Shift-D just
makes the sound of a rejected command. Right click on the main image just
gives me a zoom smaller symbol... WWW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The filmstrip isn't necessary. Just right click on the main image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the filmstrip if I want to make adjustments to a group of images or to merge a group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then, maybe it's different on the Mac. I can right-click on the main image in Windows 10 and I have the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. No filmstrip (after resetting preferences and reinstalling Photoshop) and the shortcut isn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you're working with the Camera Raw filter and not the app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so what should i do to work with the app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw is a plugin for Photoshop, and can also be launched from Bridge. It is a raw converter, designed to work with raw files. When you click Open after editing, a new file, rendered from the raw file, will open in Photoshop. This rendered file can be saved as psd, tiff, jpg, etc.

You can optionally set Camera Raw to automatically open jpgs and tif.

In Photoshop, go to the Edit menu (Photoshop menu on a Mac) > Preferences > Camera Raw > File handling.

image_2021-05-11_213209.png

The Camera Raw filter is a filter with the same editing options as the Camera Raw plugin.

It is designed to work with rendered files ā€“ psd, tiff, jpg etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi my question is when I open a pic in raw, I use enhance, which pic in the dilation is the enhanced? I can't tell by eye.. I have tried enhanced raw and super resolution and I can't tell the difference but I know there will be if printing the pics out or whatnot but after I use super resolution, is the current selected pic now super resolution or is the next filmstrip the super resolution pic? There is no way to know I. Meta data or anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Winfried5DE7 wrote:

I want to use Superresolution in Adobe Camera RAW 13.2.  Adobe help says to "right click on the Filmstrip" in RAW 13.2  to open the new Super-resolution menu. (I use Command-Shift-A to get to RAW)

You are running into multiple problems:

If you are pressing Command-Shift-A as you said, you are opening a Photoshop layer in the Camera Raw Filter. Super Resolution is not available that way ā€” you must open an image file, not a layer, directly into Camera Raw, before converting it to a Photoshop document. This means you must either open the image using the Open command in Photoshop, or the Open in Camera Raw command in Adobe Bridge. This limitation is covered in the Adobe Help page you saw; itā€™s the first item in the Notes box on that page.

The next thing to solve is that ā€œright-click on the filmstripā€ is not the only way to get to Super Resolution. Super Resolution is part of the Enhance command, and the Enhance command is available in more ways than the incomplete Adobe help file describes. You can do any of the following:

• Choose Enhance from the menu that appears when you click the More Image Settings (ā€¦) button in the toolbar on the right side of Camera Raw (see the figure below).
  • Right-click the large image preview (not the filmstrip), and choose Enhance from the context menu that appears.
  • Press the keyboard shortcut for Enhance (Shift-Command-D), as shown in the menu below.
  • If the filmstrip is available, hover over the image so that the More Image Settings (ā€¦) button appears, click that to open the menu, and choose Enhance.
  • If the filmstrip is available, right-click it to open the contextual menu, and choose Enhance. (This is the only method mentioned in the Adobe help file.)

Open Enhance from menu.jpg

Although you can make the filmstrip appear when there is only one image, it isnā€™t necessary because you can use the first three methods listed above even when the filmstrip is hidden.

You will not see a filmstrip if you used Filter > Camera Raw Filter, because the filmstrip represents loading up multiple photo files (not Photoshop layers) into Camera Raw. But you cannot do that with Camera Raw Filter, because that loads only one selected layer in a Photoshop document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonkers for the end user now. Adobe needs to get regular people to review some of these workflows in Photoshop for ease of use 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making simple lines and arrows with the line tool is another terrible interface. Such a common thing to do but takes 20 minites to make a simple arrow look the way you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to get regular people to review some of these workflows in Photoshop for ease of use 

Actually, they do (and have for decades), but not all 'regular' people agree with each other. 

You can also make suggestions directly to the teams, something you're not doing here.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

Author ā€œColor Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, ok thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  None of the feeds below have helped at all.   The buttons to enable the filmstrip are not even there.   The shortcut for enhance is not working, and when I right click, I get very few options.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  None of the feeds below have helped at all.   The buttons to enable the filmstrip are not even there.   The shortcut for enhance is not working, and when I right click, I get very few options.  

By @Karen27711732oy5x

Try resetting your ACR preferences, better? 

Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).

Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"

Author ā€œColor Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ā€¦The buttons to enable the filmstrip are not even there.   The shortcut for enhance is not working, and when I right click, I get very few options.

By @Karen27711732oy5x

Can you please confirm how you are opening Camera Raw? Are you opening it for a selected layer by choosing Filter > Camera Raw Filter? Because the symptoms you describe are consistent with using Camera Raw as a filter for a layer; in that case both the filmstrip and Enhance are not available.

Both the filmstrip and Enhance are available if using Camera Raw through the File > Open command. The filmstrip requires that multiple image files were selected after choosing the File > Open command in Photoshop, or that multiple image files were opened from Adobe Bridge into Camera Raw (File > Open in Camera Raw).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Settings>General>Panels select "Use compact layout."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Use Compact Layout option affects the panel stack on the right, but it doesnā€™t have any effect on the visibility or appearance of the filmstrip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot 2024-01-01 204021.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines