• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I group new presets in Camera Raw into sets kept together

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 80 new presets I am trying to import into Camera Raw, and I am able to do this quite easily. However, I would like to place them into 8 separate grouped sets, with 10 presets going into each set. For example, I'd like one set to be named landscapes, another named portraits, etc etc.

Right now the presets are stored on my hard drive in 10 different folders with the names I want them to be listed under. If I attempt to drag and drop each of those folders into the Camera Raw settings folder, when I go to Camera Raw in Photoshop, I will find all 80 of them individually listed under "User presets." They will all work perfectly well, but now they are all screwed up out of order. If I go back to the Camera Raw settings folder, they will be seen together, there in the individual sets, I saved them into.

I have tried to create empty individual sets, in other words, a set in name only with no presets at this moment associated with them. I would then attempt to have my presets saved into these sets. It worked for the first set, but subsequent sets, after being saved, would somehow eventually delete one or all of the earlier ones, or in one case, I ended up with 20 in a folder. These were the 10 I had just been working on, and 10 from the previous set I was working on. Names I had assigned for the sets were automatically changed as if they were maybe too long. If I tried to delete the presets which didn't belong in that set, the several times I attempted this, I'd be going along and then eventually find some of the ones I wanted to remain in this set were being deleted at the same time.

There must be a trick I haven't found yet. I don't think it should be this difficult a procedure to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

That works at Lightroom Classic after the update of 7.2.

1.) Open Lightroom
2.) Go to Develop Modul - do it with any picture
3.) Use + on the Preset tab

4.) Create New Preset - in the New Develop Preset window:
- here create a new dummy preset with any name
- don't accept the offered group name, create a new group (named as you want)

5.) Save

6.) Import, Drag & Drop or use Right Click + Move to move desired presets to this YourNamed folder(s)
7.) Repeat as many time as many folders you need

8.) Delete the

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works at Lightroom Classic after the update of 7.2.

1.) Open Lightroom
2.) Go to Develop Modul - do it with any picture
3.) Use + on the Preset tab

4.) Create New Preset - in the New Develop Preset window:
- here create a new dummy preset with any name
- don't accept the offered group name, create a new group (named as you want)

5.) Save

6.) Import, Drag & Drop or use Right Click + Move to move desired presets to this YourNamed folder(s)
7.) Repeat as many time as many folders you need

8.) Delete the dummy preset that you have created at first

Note:

The New folder will be created under the:

> Users > YourName > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > CameraRaw > Settings     folder

The new YourNamed folder will appear physically in this Setting folder, but the presets are always remain in the User Presets folder, just virtually will be moved to the freshly created folders. (If you checked them in Explorer then you will find your new folders empty even though it will appear correctly in Lightroom or Camera Raw.)
  Adobe has completely messed up the preset handling...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your help very much SnowmanX11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all : )

I am having kind of the same problem as the one stated above,

I bought or got several presets from different vendors.

When I try to import them into the "settings" folder of Camera Raw, the get in, I can work with them, but they are all in one only list in my personal presets.

In the "Settings " I created folders for each pack of presets,  the only thing is that they are in "Exe" mode and I have a mac.

So, going on with the story, I created the folders, for example "night", and put there all those -night presets-

Then I opened Bridge, Camera raw, and presets, I found them all there, but not in a "night group". Instead all together but in the personal presets folder.

How can I make a group and select 10 presets all together to move, is it possible?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Daniela.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have all of the presets already loaded into camera raw, it's not that hard to move them around.

1.     Right click on the preset you would like to move, and click on Move Preset.

2.     A window pops up and will probably have the default User Presets selected. Click on that dropdown and select New Group.

3.     Name the group what you would like, and move on to the next preset, either moving them into the new folder, or creating more folders as you go.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hourra! It is working at last. Thanks a lot 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I know I can create a group and add presets one at a time but I have like 50 I want to move at one time. Doing this 1 at a ttime is a tedious long process. Is there no other way to do this?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines