• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new camera raw interface

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you change the defolt interface? after the update it was requested but now I can't find a way to change the interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean to the old version or the default with the thumbnails on the bottom? You can't change to the old interface of older versions of ACR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would like to use the old interface.  Upon opening the "new and imporved" ACR for the first time, it allows you to select between the old and the new with a notation that you can change your selection later in the preferences.  So, I chose the new one to see if I liked it.  I don't.  Can't find much of anything, there isn't even a select All unless you control click.  I've looked and looked in the preferences.  I can't find the option anywhere.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl/cmd-a selects all. 

As far as the into option that you mentioned. I saw that, and it looks like that was just to choose a layout: thumbnails on the side or bottom, and the right panels only opening one at a time, or remaining open until closed. No option for the old UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the way I understand it as well. That initial screen allows you to choose the position of the thumbnails, but it doesn't say anything about going back to the old interface. Regardless of which position you choose for the thumbnails, that position can be changed after you make the initial choice. But the interface is what it is.

Frankly, I quite like the new interface. But I like Lightroom Classic and use it more than I use Camera Raw. So I understand this new Camera Raw interface and have adapted to it rather quickly. I suppose if enough dedicated Camera Raw users object to the new interface and complain enough it will be like when Adobe changed the import dialog in Lightroom a while back. There was such an outcry that Adobe changed it back. It will be up to those of you who are upset enough with the new interface to "lobby" Adobe sufficiently to get the interface changed. Not that it means anything, because I'm really a nonissue, but you won't get the vote from me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly, I mean just that. the message said that it was possible to modify the interface at a later time but there is no button on it. I managed to put the camera roll vertically, it is well explained by the video. an operation that I used a lot is missing: in the scrolling lines for adjusting the parameters, the + and - symbol was present at the ends, these symbols allowed to reset the other parameters but, at the same time, it shifted the chosen parameter. now there is a reset button; I wonder why remove such comfortable controls and add a more uncomfortable and cumbersome one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the practical level, I also find the benefits. In my opinion one must be free to choose the interface always! Example: I have a car and has always had the powder of the accelerator on the right foot, the model after him left on the left, it is clear that if I had never driven it would be indifferent to learn to accelerate with the left foot instead of the right. But if I guide for 30 years with the new pedal I will definitely make an accident. Especially I've always used camera RAW. I find the most practical interface of Lightroom. To date, the differences Camera RAW at Lightroom can be almost all score. why? Is more comfortable for Adobe use an equal interface for all software so we save time on changes? Good for them. Today I lost 1 hour and a half work to understand how to vertical photos of the way. Do I send the bill to Adobe? 😜

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And every time you buy a new camera you have to spend time learning how to use the new controls and the new menus and fully understand the nuances of operating that new camera. Do you send the bill for the hours spent doing that to the camera manufacturer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL - the difference there of course is the new camera is a self induced pain.  We didn't have much choice with this software upgrade - one of the downfalls of the subscription model 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you buy a new camera nobody unexpectedly takes your old one away from you and forces you to exclusively use a new one whether or not you asked for it or like it. I didn't need a new Camera Raw or want to replace it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree, what happened to the + and - for the sliders. I use that ALL the time to reset all the other sliders especially on adjustment brushes! I came on these forums to look specifically for a solution to the missing + and - buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I miss those too, but you can have all the values reset each time, with a check box at the bottom of the panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But that button doesn't reset the brush sliders when you're working on the same image. I often have many many adjustment pins on the same image and the + and - was a quick way to reset the sliders when I'm choosing a new adjustment brush. Anyone have a quick solution?? I now have to click on the + for a new brush pin, then right click on pin to "reset local correction setting". Since the + and - buttons are gone, is there a way to reset the sliders automatically when creating a new pin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines