• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon D800 Definitely NOT Supported in ACR RC 6.7 or in Photoshop CS6 beta with ACR 7

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been my experience that I am unable to view RAW images shot by my new Nikon D800 with ACR 6.7 installed, or with Photoshop CS 6 beta which includes an ACR 7 plug-in. This is true whether I'm shooting in Live View or not.

Anyone else having difficulty with RAW images shot by the Nikon D800?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

I talked to Nikon Tech Support.  Apparently Nikon Transfer as a stand-alone application is old and outdated. The transfer function is now included in Nikon View NX 2. They had me uninstall Nikon Transfer and use the transfer function within View NX2. That allows you to keep the numbering system you're used to, Jim, from Nikon Transfer, it's just that it's now contained in Nikon View NX 2, latest version 2.3.1. My NEFs are now viewable in all software, whether Photoshop, Capture One, etc.My quest

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded and installed ACR 7.1 but it is only partially functional with regards to my D800 NEFs.  For example, in the Filmstrip workspace, it will generate thumbnails of the NEFs and, when double-clicked, ACR is launched and I can post-process the NEF.  However, when I simply select a particular NEF, a preview of the image does not appear only a generic NEF icon.  I tried to insert a screen capture showing this but was informed that this type of content wasn't allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download and install S-NEFCDC-011400WF-ALLIN-ALL___.exe

from WWW.NikonUSA.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR only supports interpretation of NEFs within an Adobe product. When you are using a file selection dialog to choose files, this is Adobe using an OS-level function, not Bridge or Photoshop, so you will need an update to the OS or provide it an OS-level plug-in to show the previews, with the link in the other reply being a possible choice.

If you are saying that Previews within an Adobe product are not showing, perhaps the ACR cache needs cleared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stuck here too, I have a new iMac,  the Adobe Photoshop suite Cs5 and a new nikon D800.  I can't open my nef files either, not in PS, Bridge, Lightroom.   I've tried to install ACR 7.1 and I'm told I don't need it by an error.  I installed the earlier version of ACR and that doesn't help.  So now what?  I got lost and missed the solution to the problem.

----------------

Ok, humble pie here.  Apparently I can't read the difference between 6.1 and 6.7.  6.7 did work.  Sigh, oh my tired brain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cosmichrist wrote:

the difference between 6.1 and 6.7

Well, to be fair 1 and 7 are both straightish runes with a little tab coming off the top. 

Glad to hear you're up and running.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines