• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon D850: Camera RAW 9.12.1 -> CC 2017

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I've posted this on behalf of a friend, who doesn't really know how to fix the problem.

Maybe some of you have come across it and will be able to help out?

Color profile in D850 is set to AdobeRGB.

When he openes NEF file in Camera RAW 9.12.1, he does all adjustmentes and the minute the image ends up in Photoshop CC 2017, it seems like the colors are washed out, there is lack of contrast... Generally speaking, it's totally different image from this ascepcts point of view.

Camera RAW is also set to AdobeRGB profile and NEF file being opened in CC has the same profile.

The problem occurred when he updated the Camera RAW to version 9.12.1.

Even now, when he opens NEF files from the other camera Nikon D800E, the problem is exactly the same.

When Camera RAW has been downgraded to previous version, the files from D800E looked just fine, all adjustmentes were properly trasferred to CC 2017.

Forgive me if the this issue have been mentioned before, but honestly speaking I couldn't find...

I will appreciate any help or advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Thank you for you reply.

Unfortunately none of the ideas helped to slove the issue apart of one.

Turning off/on GPU in ACR or PS didn't help.
We've tried to open the NEF file via ACR without making any adjustments and the image was washed out even more.

But then, when image was opened in Photoshop, we've tried to open it again in ACR via Filter -> Camera Raw Filter. The coulors, contrast came back on as they were in the original file. When the adjustments were made, the image was different again.

Th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason the current versions of CC 2018 and ACR 10.0 aren't being used?

Presumably Open Image from the ACR Plug-in is being used to get to PS, not some other more convoluted way, right?

Does the same thing happen when a JPG is adjusted in Camera Raw and then opened back in PS?  I'm talking about using the plug-in via right-click / Open in Camera Raw on a JPG from Bridge, not using the CR Filter in PS.

Rather than the settings not getting transferred, it's possible the GPU settings are messing things up where the GPU is set to make things lighter or darker for certain apps or for all apps.

First:

Try turning off or on (whichever it isn't now) the GPU in ACR when in the plug-in using Ctrl-K, Performance area / Use Graphics Processor

If that doesn't change things, then:

Try turning off or on (whichever it isn't now) the GPU in PS when not in the plug-in using Ctrl-K / Performance tab / Use Graphics Processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you reply.

Unfortunately none of the ideas helped to slove the issue apart of one.

Turning off/on GPU in ACR or PS didn't help.
We've tried to open the NEF file via ACR without making any adjustments and the image was washed out even more.

But then, when image was opened in Photoshop, we've tried to open it again in ACR via Filter -> Camera Raw Filter. The coulors, contrast came back on as they were in the original file. When the adjustments were made, the image was different again.

The solution which helped to solve the issue: instalation the new Camera Raw 10.

As I've expected, there must have been an software issue with ACR, which was "destroying" images.
And now it's all good.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI

I have exactly the same issue, i am afraid. However, i am using most recent Camera Raw and Photoshop available as CC suite. It is hopeless, worryingly the answer that i got from 2 different Adobe tech guys was "you shouldnt really be doing colour work in C Raw...do that in Photoshop".

Any advice most welcome. I am using Adobe 98 throughout and the problem just seems to have appeared and not following anything significant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines