• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Geometry Controls are no longer a separate panel and have moved to the Crop Panel

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update today to Camera Raw - loaded Bridge to use Camera Raw and can no longer see Geometry Panel

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Geometry controls are now found in the Crop Panel. 
Please see:https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/whats-new.html 

The Crop Panel is accessed by clicking the Crop Tool icon in the upper right of the UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 114 Replies 114
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Not just moved, but changed. Same reason I can no longer take any Lightroom updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

l'onglet transformation ou géometrie (upright) n'apparait plus Que faut-il faire pour y remedier Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they have not....not even close to the same tool...this is absolute crap!!! thanks alot ADOBE!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  There was no reason to change the geometry settings -- I think Adobe employees have to justify

their jobs by constantly moving and changing things in Photoshop for no reason at all.  They just frustrate us.

I call them the 'Annoying committe'.  Their entire reason for being is to annoy the hell out of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what't the point to put geometry in the crop panel and than not allowed me to use the grid? The geometry is totally useless without the grid!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you enter the Crop Panel, set up the grid size and opacity to your requirements just as you used to do.

Now enter the Crop Panel.

Press "V" to toggle overlay on or off.

If you don't see the grid you set up but some different overlay, then right click within the image and choose Overlay Style>Grid.

Then whenever you enter the Crop Panel the grid you set up will show.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 113558.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Erik, that's helpful. Still would like to be able to change the grid properties while tinkering with perspective correction and turning the image slightly (I photograph a lot at sea and no matter how hard you try, the horizon ends almost always up being slightly off the horizontal).
So I need to make several adjustments to the grid quite often. With the new layout in CameraRAW that means I have to get out of the crop menu, adjust (without knowing what exactly it will be coming back into crop), get back in crop and all over again. It was just so much easier as it was. 
And it would be again, if we would get the possibility to adjust grid spacing and opacity from within the crop screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is no substitute for the tool in Camera Raw that disappeared overnight with no notice.

"Before you enter the Crop Panel, set up the grid size and opacity to your requirements just as you used to do."

What?  I never used to do any of that to square up an image with the geometry tool in camera raw. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for starting the conversation!  it's sooo annoying!!!!!!!! also that you can't get rid of the grids! even if you don't wanna crop or use it. dear adobe...please change!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click for overlay options including disabling the grid. See the screenshot posted above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the most recent update of Camera Raw I have lost functionality to Geometry editing which is essential to my workflow.  After drawing guides, I zoom in to view the guides more accurately, but also need to use the hand tool to move the image around during this process. When I then click onto the guide lines again it reverts to 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a ferramenta geometria desapareceu do camera raw. como faço par restabelecer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

É horrivel trabalhas sem a ferramenta geometria. Preciso de volta ao meu sistema o mais rapido possivel. Issso que a Adobe fez foi atraso de vida.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ir á Camera Raw e SHIFT-T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ma nella versione 16.2 di Camera Raw la voce Geometria è scomparsa?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Geometry TAB within Camera Raw (16.2 Mac Os Sonoma) converter is no longer visible. I've tried to "edit visible panels" but doesn't even appear as an option. For some reason can only now find it under the crop tool. Thanks in advance for any suggestion! 

Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 15.05.00.pngScreenshot 2024-03-03 at 15.05.21.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no longer a Geometry Panel. Geometry now resides within the Crop Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the follow up Erik! I wasn't aware of that but guess I'll have to get used to that change and new location. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find a "crop panel."  PhotoShop help has never heard of a "crop panel.:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terrible decision, Geometry Panel in Crop wasn't a good idea, 

First: the grid disapeear on crop mode, can't control the verticals, 

Can I downgrade to 16.1.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know about the downgrade, I think it should be doabel.

In crop you can get the grid shown using v on the keyboard. If it doesn't show the grid straight away (e.g. shows the third grid instead) you can right click and choose the overlay of the grid. Then v will show the grid. To alter the settings of the grid, though, you have to leave crop first, then adjust the settings of the grid and go back to crop. It is a pain in the neck and the workflow previously was much more straightforward. One can only hope that functionality will be restored (and if it is then I don't care too much whether it remains in crop or not - though I would prefer if it went back to a separate geometry panel).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree with Geometry panel separate,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines