• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens Profile requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens Profiles apply to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic, and the Lightroom Ecosystem products (Desktop, Mobile, and Web).

Lens Profiles are available for a wide array of lenses. Not every lens is currently profiled, and of those profiled, not all are profiled for all camera and file types. For example, there may be a profile for a particular lens and camera mount for the raw file but not for the JPEG. Normally, profiles for JPEG are not supplied unless the camera does not apply a correction (e.g. iPhone, GoPro). 

A complete list of profiled lenses can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html 
other helpful info: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html#Supported_lenses 

Lens correction for all Micro 4/3 (MFT) lenses and many newer cameras, including Panasonic and Olympus cameras, and other cameras (including Fuji X,  Leica Q, and Nikon Z series)plus many point-and-shoot models from Canon) happens automatically without any interaction by the customer. A notation will appear in the Lens Correction Panel designating this. 

Note: You should not expect to find any profiles listed in the pop-up notes, because the corrections are always applied.

If you are unsure whether your lens is supported automatically refer to the "info" button/icon on the Lens Corrections tab.

If your lens is not on the supported lens list and is not one of those whose correction happens automatically, you can create your own profiles using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. Download the Adobe Lens Profile Creator: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html#resources 

If you desire an Adobe-created Lens Profile, please make your request in the comments of this thread, and be sure to include the full lens model/description and the camera mount you are desiring. ETAs for new lens profiles are not available.

Keep in mind that lens profiles cannot be made for tilt/shift lenses. There is no way to record the tilt or shift settings in the Exif data. A feature request exists here for Tilt-Shift Lens Profiles: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-ideas/p-lens-profiles-for-tilt-shift-lens/idi-p/12221166 

Note: The Lens Profile Creator is currently supported for Windows and 32-bit Versions of the Mac OS. 

ETAs are not available for any lens request. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
Lens profile creator , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 675 Replies 675
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be nice if Adobe could support some of the new Canon RF lenses, especially

- Canon RF 70 200 f4 L IS USM and

- Canon RF 14 35 f4 L IS USM

The RF 70 200 f4 is out now nearly one year and there is still no profile.

The RF 14 35 f4 ist new. Because of the strong distortion at wide focal lenght a profile for Lightroom is necessary.

For me as a Canon user, future support for the new RF lenses from Adobe is important!

Thanks

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add my voice to this request for profiles for these Canon RF lenses.

Canon's RF 70-200 f4 L IS USM and RF 14-35 f4 L IS USM are not obscure, little used lenses but exceedingly popular pro/semi pro lenses part of Canon's f4 holy trinity.

As Patrick said above the RF 70-200 f4 has been available for a year and sorely in need of a profile and any ultra wide lens would need some distortion correction and the RF 14-35 f4 is no exception.

Please urgently consider adding these profiles.

Many thanks

Graeme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per the requests from the guys above. I recently went to iceland with the 14-35mm and the images are badly in need of a lens correction filter in Lightroom. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as above. These are badly needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add - Canon RF 14 35 f4 L IS USM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While we are at it, profiles for the RF 50mm f1.8 STM and the RF16mm STM would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second that request!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you add a Canon 17-35mm F2.8 L series lens.  Also can you add the Canon 6D Mk2 body.

Rick

www.rvision.ca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please put the profiles for the RAW formats of the iPhone. The appearance of the "unsupported" pop up is a big waste of time and energy to process many photos.

Thank you 😉

-----

Bonjour,

S'il vous plaît, mettez les profils pour les formats RAW des iPhone. L'apparition du pop up de "non prise" en charge est une grosse perte de temps et d'ernegie pour traiter de nombreuses photos.

Merci 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, would be great if there would be a lens - profile for the Samyang AF 85mm f/1.4 FE II soon. When can this be expected? Greetings Carsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can see, the profile already exists, but Lightroom just does't automatically apllies it??? Very annoying. 

:camera::registered:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rogervision®wrote, "As far as I can see, the profile already exists, but Lightroom just doesn't automatically applies it?"

If you're referring to the lens in the post to which you replied, the Samyang AF 85mm f/1.4 FE II, that isn't on the list of supported lenses:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html

The closest supported lens might be the Samyang AF 85mm F1.4 RF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my bad, I confused it with the RF version. But try using the Rokinon 85mm AF 1.4, which as I understand it is the same lens just under its US naming. After I started using it LR recognizes the lens every time. 
:camera::registered:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to request profiles for the following lenses:

1. Sigma 15-30 3.5-4.5 EX DG

2. Minolta AF 24-85 3.5-4.5

3. Minolta AF 28-135 4-4.5 "Secret handshake"

4. Minolta AF 70-210 F4 "Beer can" 

5. Tokina 193 19-35 3.5-4.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Request for Viltrox PFU RBMH 20 mm f/1.8 ASPH for Nikon Z-mount

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These lenses in Arri PL mount are available to use with the Nikon Z7ii via an adapter. I have a 50mm version. It would be fantastic if lens profiles were available for correcting images when importing to Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like you to add Leica Tri-Elmar 28-35-50 Lens 11890
This is for the Lens correction or compensation. This lens is missing from the list.

Also, for TIFF files Leica camera and lenses is not on the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your fellow members in the community site do not work for Adobe, We are not the ones to make a request for change to.

The old website to properly make such a request is currently set to read only and is in the process of being migrated over to the community. Currently scheduled first of September. 

When Adobe finishes the migration, you should see two new modules in the community site, Bugs, and Ideas, you would post your request in Ideas.

If you, on the page you are currently at, scroll up to the top left, you will see Adobe Support Community, click on that,In the page that shows up, change the sort to Alphabetical, then scroll as needed to find Ideas (when it is ready)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering why there is still no lens profile in Lightroom for AF-S NIKKOR 120–300 mm 1:2,8E FL ED SR VR - Nikon. It is now over a year since this lens was introduced and I'm missing it. Is Adobe disinterested?

Herbert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What he said. Please give us a profile for the 120-300mm Nikon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Samyang AF 85mm F1.4 FE (for Sony) lens.
However, Lightroom Classic does not automatically select the lens profile.

I'm a beginner, so it's hard to set the value manually, so I want to update Samyang's lens profile in the Lightroom Classic soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What particular camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and most of us, like myself, are not Adobe employees, and we have no clue as to when Adobe will do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I was misunderstanding about this community.
Thank you for the information. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines