• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens profiles for tilt-shift lens

Explorer ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add lens profiles for tilt shift lens. Specifically I'd love to see one for a Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Tilt-Shift Lens. However, I'm sure a lot of other would love see a lens profile for varieties of tilt-shifts. Thanks

Idea No status
TOPICS
Lens profile creator , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Participant ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tilt-Shift settings are not recorded in the image file's EXIF data. You would need to record this information "manually" for each image in the field and then "manually" enter the settings into the lens profile tool. The number of tilt, shift, and aperture combinations is technically infinite, so creating lens profiles for all possible settings would be very difficult if not impossible.

The Canon 24mm F3.5 TSE II has virtually no distortion and vignetting is moderate when the lens is not tilted or shifted. Click the links here to see Vignetting and Distortion:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Re...

Since you only need to apply vignetting correction the Adobe Lens Profile Creator is over-kill. Instead you can create Develop presets for specific lens tilt-shift and aperture settings that you commonly use (including 0, 0, 0, 0). The easiest way to do this to shoot an evenly lit uniform reflectance surface and then use LR's white balance tool at the highest 'Scale' setting to sample light level readings in the image.

Create one preset for the non-tilt-shift setting (0, 0, 0, 0) using only the Lens Corrections> Manual Lens Vignetting controls. For the tilt-shift settings add a Graduated filter with +Exposure. Viewing the Vignetting images at the link I posted will give you an idea of what correction is required. The White Balance tool readings will help you to determine the position and +Exposure amount required. When you create and save the Develop presets include 'Graduated Filters' and 'Lens Corrections> Transform' for all of them, including the (0, 0, 0, 0) preset. This way you can switch between the various presets. A separate profile must be created for each shooting aperture that you will be using. I suggest creating presets with tilt-shift settings to one or two apertures (F8, F11) to keep the number of presets required within reason.

This method requires much less time than using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator, but will provide equally good results for the Canon 24mm F3.5 TSE II lens, which only requires vignetting correction. Other tilt-shift lenses requiring only vignetting correction (i.e. low distortion) can use this procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Todd,

This is helpful - I'll take a look at this in more detail and take a shot at it. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome. Let me know if you have any issues or questions when creating the vignetting correction Develop presets. I had the Canon 24mm F3.5 TSE II lens on loan for a while and used it with my Canon 5D MKII. It's a great lens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

just wanted to check if anyone knows if or when the lens profile for the new Nikon 19mm f4 tilt shift lens will be available for lightroom / photoshop?

regards

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adeal Design  please read my reply above as to why Adobe does not create lens profiles for perspective control (tilt & shift) lenses and suggestions for creating and applying your own lens corrections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

request to add Leica Summilux-M 90mm f1.5 Asph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please add your request here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/camera-rawlightroom-lens-profile-req...

This is a thread about tilt/shift lenses.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate