• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Square Gradient Tool

Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get a square gradient tool, and not just the radial one?  Think "editing windows in a house".  Not every shape in a photo is a circle, so why don't we have a square gradient tool?  Cheers!

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also a square paintbrush tool?  It's nearly impossible to make a perfect square corner with a round paintbrush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I am a real estate photographer and have so many square corners to brush over! I came here to specifically request this feature and you beat me to it! 

Square paintbrush and gradient tools please!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There needs to be a rectangular mask option that works like the radial (circular) mask option. All too often I have rectangular objects that need to be masked. The linear gradient that has always been a part of Lightroom is stupidly limited; it SHOULD function like the radial gradient which would make it far more useful. I do a lot of architectual photography and am always dealing with windows, 99% of which are rectagular, not circular. There should likewise be a rectangular brush option for the same reason. Case closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having a box shaped shaped gradient (with adjustable sides) can help with editing real estate photography. This way one could adjust things through a door or window.
It would also help with masking a home. Subject mask does work 90% of the time, but I usually have to then add a brush mask to get the things it missed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate