• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens Profile requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens Profiles apply to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic, and the Lightroom Ecosystem products (Desktop, Mobile, and Web).

Lens Profiles are available for a wide array of lenses. Not every lens is currently profiled, and of those profiled, not all are profiled for all camera and file types. For example, there may be a profile for a particular lens and camera mount for the raw file but not for the JPEG. Normally, profiles for JPEG are not supplied unless the camera does not apply a correction (e.g. iPhone, GoPro). 

A complete list of profiled lenses can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html 
other helpful info: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html#Supported_lenses 

Lens correction for all Micro 4/3 (MFT) lenses and many newer cameras, including Panasonic and Olympus cameras, and other cameras (including Fuji X,  Leica Q, and Nikon Z series)plus many point-and-shoot models from Canon) happens automatically without any interaction by the customer. A notation will appear in the Lens Correction Panel designating this. 

Note: You should not expect to find any profiles listed in the pop-up notes, because the corrections are always applied.

If you are unsure whether your lens is supported automatically refer to the "info" button/icon on the Lens Corrections tab.

If your lens is not on the supported lens list and is not one of those whose correction happens automatically, you can create your own profiles using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. Download the Adobe Lens Profile Creator: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html#resources 

If you desire an Adobe-created Lens Profile, please make your request in the comments of this thread, and be sure to include the full lens model/description and the camera mount you are desiring. ETAs for new lens profiles are not available.

Keep in mind that lens profiles cannot be made for tilt/shift lenses. There is no way to record the tilt or shift settings in the Exif data. A feature request exists here for Tilt-Shift Lens Profiles: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-ideas/p-lens-profiles-for-tilt-shift-lens/idi-p/12221166 

Note: The Lens Profile Creator is currently supported for Windows and 32-bit Versions of the Mac OS. 

ETAs are not available for any lens request. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
Lens profile creator , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 687 Replies 687
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if Canon could support the Samyang XP 10mm f3.5 ultra-wide angle lens on the Canon EOS R camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you create a frofile for the Laowa 7.5mm f2 MFT mount lens please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey,

Could you please add the Samyang 135mm f/1.8?

That would be awesome!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you check what is going on with lens profile correction for Sigma 18-50 F2.8 DC DN |Contemporary 021 For Fujifilm ?
Artifacts are present in corners and edges with XT-5 raws using auto profile.

msoulard_0-1695681256991.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's actually more an issue related to XT-5 raws, as I was able to reproduce those artifacts with a variety of lenses:
Sigma 18-50 F2.8 DC DN
Fuji Xf 18-55 f2.8-4
Fuji Xf 50-140 f2.8
but not yet with Fuji Xf 35 f2 or Fuji or Fuji Xf 10-24 F4 v1.
It seems to happen in the telephoto range of these lenses.
As soon as you uncheck "Enable Profile Corrections" in Lens Correction Panel artifacts disapear.
Other people are having this issue https://www.reddit.com/r/fujifilm/comments/14aqz2n/xt5_weird_artifacts_in_raf_files/
Also for XT-2 lens profile used to display as "Built-in"

msoulard_0-1695902386937.png

For XT-5 it is a bit different:

msoulard_1-1695902540351.png

Is built in lens profile supported for XT-5 yet in Lightroom 12.5 and Camera Raw 15.5 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add support for the Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300MM F/4.5-6.3G ED VR for F-mount.

Currently, only the full frame i.e. non-DX version of this lens is profiled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add lens profile support for more Sony/Minolta lenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently added the Sony 70-300 G 4.5-5.6mm and many more to LR5.6/ACR8.6 which is available now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. You'll need to wait for the next dot release of Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now. The Camera Raw 8.4 Release Candidate already has new lens profiles for the following Sony Alpha lenses.

Sony 20mm F2.8
Sony 24mm F2 ZA SSM
Sony 35mm F1.4 G
Sony 50mm F1.4
Sony 50mm F1.4 ZA
Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro
Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA
Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM
Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA
Sony DT 11-18mm F4.5-5.6
Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA
Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM II
Sony DT 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 SAM
Sony DT 30mm F2.8 Macro SAM
Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM
Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM
Sony DT 55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM
Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please provide a projected Alpha lens implementation time frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have begun the process of profiling lenses for the Sony Alpha system. For example, in Camera Raw 8.3 / Lightroom 5.3 we provided new lens profiles for three major zoom lenses:

Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM
Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM
Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G SSM II

You can expect more in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I guess since the last post was 2 months ago the OP figured out that there is a profile for the 16-50mm f2.8 SSSM using the A77.

Of course, one could use the lens profile creator with his/her camera and lenses. I'm currently using the A99 and no one as profiled lenses with that camera yet, so I may just have to do it mayself.

Of course one could also use DXO Optics Pro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, did you try the Lens Profile Downloader? There are 161 sony lenses profiles available. (not sure what your particular lenses are)

Unfortunately, we don't have access to every lens/body available which is why we've provided tools for customers who do have access to create profiles, and the downloader for people to share profiles with other customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you stop building profiles for the Alpha series? Telling us to do it ourselves is not good customer service. Very disappointed in Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently not actively building profiles for the Sony SLR (Alpha-mount) lenses. We do currently have a nearly-complete set of profiles for the NEX (E-mount) system. For the A-mount, my suggestion for now is either to use the Adobe Lens Profile Creator to build your own lens profile, or check using the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader if other users have already built lens profiles for the particular lenses that you're interested in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will you add more Sony Alpha lens correction profiles. You currently only support only one alpha mount lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We woud love to provide a complete set of Sony profiles. However, we are unlikely to be able to do so unless we can work with Sony to build profiles from the lens design data. (We have done this with other vendors, with good results.) Hopefully it is just a matter of time. In the meantime, it would be productive for you to let Sony know directly that this is important to you. It always helps when vendors hear this type of constructive feedback directly from their customers. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the requests. I combined all the requests for Sony/Minolta in one topic to gather up all the votes.

In the nearterm, If you weren't aware already, you can create your own lens profiles with the Adobe Lens Profile Creator or you can download user-contributed profile for that lenses through the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader.

If you want to create your own Camera Profiles using the DNG Profile Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if a camera calibration profile exists for the Sony SLT A-55V for use with Lightroom 3? If not, is it feasible for a new user of Lightroom (i.e., me) to create one and, if so, how would I go about doing so? Much thanks.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know you can create your own? See http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/le...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did contact Sony some time ago but only received a standard reply acknowledging receipt of my email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I suggest that you contact as well Sony as help from the lens manufacturer is useful to have all lenses/cameras combinations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I got Photoshop CC 2017 I presumed there would be a ton of Minolta lens profiles, what with being around for decades and the A mount having been adopted by Sony. Nope, CC 2017 came with with a paltry few, none of which were AF! No Maxxums.

Mildy irritated, I downloaded the Lens Profile Downloader.

Is this some kind of joke? There are NO MINOLTA lenses on there. Minolta wasn't even listed! So I looked under Sony. Still, not a single Minolta A mount (And Sony just announced another A mount camera).

Adobe understands that Sony bought Minolta's imaging division and the Alpha is based on Minolta, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I got Photoshop CC 2017 I presumed there would be a ton of Minolta lens profiles, what with being around for decades and the A mount having been adopted by Sony. Nope, CC 2017 came with with a paltry few, none of which were AF! No Maxxums.

Mildy irritated, I downloaded the Lens Profile Downloader.

Is this some kind of joke? There are NO MINOLTA lenses on there. Minolta wasn't even listed! So I looked under Sony. Still, not a single Minolta A mount (And Sony just announced another A mount camera).

Adobe understands that Sony bought Minolta's imaging division and the Alpha is based on Minolta, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines