• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens Profile requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens Profiles apply to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic, and the Lightroom Ecosystem products (Desktop, Mobile, and Web).

Lens Profiles are available for a wide array of lenses. Not every lens is currently profiled, and of those profiled, not all are profiled for all camera and file types. For example, there may be a profile for a particular lens and camera mount for the raw file but not for the JPEG. Normally, profiles for JPEG are not supplied unless the camera does not apply a correction (e.g. iPhone, GoPro). 

A complete list of profiled lenses can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html 
other helpful info: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html#Supported_lenses 

Lens correction for all Micro 4/3 (MFT) lenses and many newer cameras, including Panasonic and Olympus cameras, and other cameras (including Fuji X,  Leica Q, and Nikon Z series)plus many point-and-shoot models from Canon) happens automatically without any interaction by the customer. A notation will appear in the Lens Correction Panel designating this. 

Note: You should not expect to find any profiles listed in the pop-up notes, because the corrections are always applied.

If you are unsure whether your lens is supported automatically refer to the "info" button/icon on the Lens Corrections tab.

If your lens is not on the supported lens list and is not one of those whose correction happens automatically, you can create your own profiles using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. Download the Adobe Lens Profile Creator: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html#resources 

If you desire an Adobe-created Lens Profile, please make your request in the comments of this thread, and be sure to include the full lens model/description and the camera mount you are desiring. ETAs for new lens profiles are not available.

Keep in mind that lens profiles cannot be made for tilt/shift lenses. There is no way to record the tilt or shift settings in the Exif data. A feature request exists here for Tilt-Shift Lens Profiles: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-ideas/p-lens-profiles-for-tilt-shift-lens/idi-p/12221166 

Note: The Lens Profile Creator is currently supported for Windows and 32-bit Versions of the Mac OS. 

ETAs are not available for any lens request. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
Lens profile creator , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 678 Replies 678
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to log on to photoshop.com to download the profile. The login part is only needed if you want to rate or comment on a particular profile. Adobe no longer supports this part of the original photoshop.com service. Thus the login error that you saw.

To get back to your original profile download question, You just need to select the row of the profile that you want to download, then hit the Download button. The Location column of the profile would be changed from “Online” to “Installed”. The button text will change to "Delete". Relaunch LR/PS to have the application pick up the downloaded profile. It is simple as that. There is no save file dialog necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader, found the two Profiles I was looking for and tried to download two lens Profiles. Every time I clicked on Download after selecting the Profile, nothing seemed to happen! Nothing popped up or let me know what was going on. So I tried logging on using the button on the lower right of the window but that didn't work either! It keeps saying "Could not log into this account."

I took the time to go to photoshop.com and I was able to log in successfully and I was also able to log in at this site too! (It would be nice if something would pop up and tell you that you need to log first if you click the Submit button before doing so.) What is going on? It would be nice if Adobe would fix this problem soon.

Another strange thing. After logging in and clicking the Submit button, I see that it says near the top left of this page near a red circle with an explanation mark saying, "You must log in to view that page." What page is "that" page? I am logged in at this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera calibration? Does this apply to PS & ACR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. You might try applying the profile from the Minolta MD 50mm f/1.7. It's possible that the optical formula is the same (6 elements/5 groups) as the Maxxum and Alpha editions of this classic lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Minolta Maxxum AF 50mmf 1.7 is like $20 on ebay.

I have an A6000 with both Sony A-Mount adapters (LA-EA2 ad LA-EA4) to use all that great (and inexpensive) Minolta glass. These are the Minolta A Mount lenses I have (made by various companies):

Minolta Maxxum AF 50mm f1.7

Minolta Maxxum AF 28mm f2

Minolta AF Zoom 20-35mm f3.5-4.5

Minolta Maxxum AF 70-210mm f4

Tamron AF 28-105mm f4.5-5.6 (IF) [lens itself says 179D for Minolta AF A-mount]

Sony sal35f18 DT35mm f1.8 SAM

Sony sal1118 11-18mm f4.5-5.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We added the DT 18-70 in Camera Raw/Lightroom 8.7. You will need to upgrade your copy of Photoshop or Lightroom or download and install the 8.7.x DNG Converter to get the profile. We do not have a copy of the older Minolta 50mm f1.7 to build a profile from, but you might be able to locate a user-generated profile via the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a Sony A-200 (A200) with the Sony Alpha DT 18-70/3.5-5.6 (SAL1870) and the Minolta AF 50/1.7. I really wish these profiles were supported! Bernd Werner - are you interested in collaborating on something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three wonderful lenses from Venus Optics (LAOWA) that are not in the lists.

• 100mm F2,8 CA-Dreamer Macro 2x
  • 25mm F2.8 2.5 - 5x Ultra Macro
  • FF II 9mm F5.6 W-Dreamer

These all have a Nikon Z mount and I use the, on the Z6 and the Z7 II.

I releaize these are all special case lenses at the outer edges of photography, but I am seeking profiles for these lenses. The Venus Optics site provides one for the 9mm lens. Is there ay way to create profiles for the other two lenses? They are all manual lenses that do not communicate with the camera, so profiles have to be applies manually.

Martin Krohne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there ay way to create profiles for the other two lenses?"

You could use the Adobe Lens Profile Creator app:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/digital-negative.html#Adobe_Lens_Profile_Creator

Unfortunately, it's a 32-bit app that won't run on modern Mac OS, so you'll have to use a Windows machine (or install Parallels on your Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question, among the list of grids available in the software "Adobe Lens Profile Creator" which one should I use to create a profile from my Olympus E-510 with Lens 14-42 mm 1:3.5-5.6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DJI Mini 3 Pro wide would be amazing!! And the MINI 4 too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I need please the profile for GoPro hero black 12, also isn't the gopro hero 11 .. thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Request for YONGNUO YN14mm F2.8EF AF for Canon EF-mount

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yongnuo 85mm 1.8 (Sony/Nikon/Canon) isn't on here but they do offer a profile problem is try as I might (not sure if something changed in the newer versions or latest beta -- but can't even get this custom profile to load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

La lente que no encuentro en Camera Raw es Olympus, M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-150 mm 1:4-5.6  58 diámetro,

para OMD OM5-MARKIII.

Gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add support for the YONGNUO YN14mm F2.8EF AF for Cnaon EF mount.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Lens profile correction for Tamron 17-50mm F/4 Di III VXD (Model A068)  is not available.

Is it in the pipeline? and is there a way to download lens profile for it is specifically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I think my Lightroom mobile needs the hero 11 and 12 black lens correction, because they have different sensor from the 10 black. I used a lot!! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom mobile "supported lenses" https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html

... only supports up to Pixel 3. A five year old phone.

When do you intend to support modern Android Pixels with multiple cameras? I'd like to be able to select between the four on my Pixel 8 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to add the 80mm 1.7 Fujifilm lens correction in lightroom classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In optics, under 'enable lens correction,' would you please add Lumix lenses? I was using my Panasonic Lumix GX85. And, my Lumix lenses didn't appear as an option.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lens correction for all Micro 4/3 (MFT) lenses and cameras, including Panasonic, Olympus, and other cameras (Fuji X,  Leica Q, plus many point-and-shoot models from Canon) happens automatically without your interaction." (from https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html)

Yet another reason Lumix cameras rock!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to put in a request for change at Panasonic. Adobe and the camera manufacturers work together in creating and placing those lens corrections. Many Camera manufacturers prefer that Adobe does not do that, instead applying in camera corrections. This behavior by the camera companies can be changed by them receiving enough requests for change. For example, Fuji Film changed that in at least the X-T5.

I have no idea if your camera also has an issue with Camera matching profiles (some do ) that should also be addressed in a request for change. Adobe apparently does not like reverse engineering those profiles without cooperation/agreement with the camera manufacturers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I miss lens correction for Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-60mm f/2,8-4 in Lightroom Classic. It is a popular lens from a well-known manufacturer. The lens has been on the market for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Tokina new lens ATX-M 11-18mm f2.8 E-Mount has been on the market for about 2 years now. However, Camera Raw still hasn't released its profile for it. Unfortunately, Tokina hasn't provided one either. Can you expedite the process of making it compatible with Camera Raw within the next few days or months? There are still many people eagerly awaiting this support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines