• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 & Bridge both loading Camera Raw 6.0

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Windows 11 computer & just reinstalled Creative Suite 5 Design Premium, including Photoshop CS5 and Bridge. When I open files in Camera Raw it opens to Camera Raw 6.0. This older version was somewhat expected since Adobe's download files are an older version than what I'd purchased, and when I rebuilt my computer a few months ago Adobe provided a link to update Camera Raw to the version I'd originally had.  (I forget which version it was, other than that it'd had perspective / tilting capabilities).

I've tried the Camera Raw Plug-In Installer on my own, and when that didn't work I went to Support and they sent what I think is an installer for v10.5. Neither worked: both Photoshop and Bridge still load up Camera Raw 6.0.  I'm still waiting on Support to reshare the file they'd sent me a few months ago (I think I just had a Support rep who didn't have the necessary priviledges?), but following the Rep's suggestions I'm posting here in case anyone can point me the right way!  Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell adobe support you need Camera Raw 6.7

(no newer versions will work with cs5)

This adobe kb specifies camera raw compatibility with various adobe applications:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

From within photoshop cs5 have you tried Help>Updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I'll try requesting that next time I hear from Support - they have me waiting until get an email in "24 to 48 hrs".  I did try the Help>Updates, but I just get "There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later" for each application, even after restarting, and trying several times over the past 24 hrs. I recall having that update error message in the past, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Install the Adobe Application Manager 10 using the link in the below thread and then try Help>Updates.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/adobe-application-manager-cannot-be-f...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines