Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop keeps creating XMP files in the updated Camera Raw

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I've always used Lightroom camera raw directly on the Photoshop application. However, since 1 or 2 days ago, it seems to have started to create xmp files again on my RW2 files. It normally embeds the raw data information on the files themselves since I have the File Handling on Embed XMP on DNG.

So am I missing a step or something? Please help me out with any solution!

Thanks,

Jeric

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

The Camera Raw Database is gone so you must write XMP sidecars now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Camera Raw Database is gone so you must write XMP sidecars now.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's gone ever since their latest Camera Raw update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option to choose Camera Raw database to save image settings is deprecated at 12.3. Image settings are now stored in XMP sidecar files or within DNGs. You can view the DNG settings under File Handling in Camera Raw Preferences.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or convert everything to DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG files loses some data from raw files. It apparently used to be okay with cameras with lower resolution, but with cameras nowadays that have higher resolution, 24mp or more, it's not the best option.

But if I have to, what is the steps to doing that with Photoshop? Can't seem to find a way to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DNG lose NO data from the raw sensor data. A properly converted DNG is as raw as the original. Proprietary metadata may be 'lost' (it can actually be stored in private tags) it this is useless data; it is proprietary! It's no more useful in any Adobe product, or any 3rd party converter if kept or not; it is proprietary. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines