• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Enhance …" doesn't work, Camera Raw crashes!

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click "Enhance …" to use the Raw-Details or Super-Resolution features, Camera Raw freezes and has to be forced quit!

This problem has been occurring for several days. I have the latest version of Camera Raw and Bridge, but also tried an older version and other PCs – same problem.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your ACR preferences, better?
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (MacOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that unfortunately didn't help.

The problem still occurs and Camera Raw crashes, when I click "Enhance …".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lars21760822rvqr wrote:

Thanks, but that unfortunately didn't help.

The problem still occurs and Camera Raw crashes, when I click "Enhance …".

First, try disabling GPU in the Preferences (Performance tab). Any better? 

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it.

Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me,

turning off GPU didn't work either, Camera Raw still crashes upon clicking on Enhance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop crashes or freezes, this is the first thing to do, try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

If that doesn't work, a few other areas to try but I'm not sure they affect ACR but worth trying as a test:

Go to PS Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop. Better? 

If that doesn't work, Go back into Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Better? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post some details about your system. I use Enhance on multiple computetrs, both Mac and PC, without issues, so I know that it does work. There may be something common in your setup (file storage location, antivirus, etc) that is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro, 21H2 (Build: 19044.1826)

Creative Cloud is completely up to date.

I've tried my colleague's PC, too – same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, hello. Details? Video card, RAM, where are the photos stored (locally? NAS? file server?), are you using security software, what testing have you done, and what changed since it last worked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, hello. You didn't specify. You're the expert, I'm the average joe.

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz   2.11 GHz
  • 64-Bit
  • 16 GB DDR4 RAM
  • Intel UHD Graphics

Photos are stored locally. Security: Panda Adaptive Defense 360 (turning off doesn't help). Nothing changed since the last time it worked. As I said, I already tried to install older Versions of PS, Bridge, ACR – didn't help. Now I'm on the latest versions again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this is happening on multiple computers, it must be something in your environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines