• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving files in Camera Raw?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before the recent update, I used Camera Raw to save files and limit their file size. This whole option seems to be gone. Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the Limit File Size option in the Save Options dialog box? It isn’t gone, they just made it more accessible. You now click the standard Save icon in the top right corner of Camera Raw. There are also at least two more ways to get to it: Right-click the large preview or the thumbnail preview of the image, and choose Save Image.

Camera-Raw-12.4-Save.jpg

There have been a number of posts in the forums about options being “gone,” but in just about all of those cases the option was not gone, just moved or in a panel hidden by a disclosure triangle to save space. If an option isn’t where it was before, don’t jump to the conclusion that it’s gone, because it probably is still there, just in a different place, and sometimes a more accessible place than before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. I have read that the save option is not gone, just in a another place but after several months I cannot find it. I am still learning my way through camera raw.

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 11.24.45.png

 When I first open a DNG file I have this option as seen above.

After I open it as a smart object and make copies in Photoshop, then reopen either the original or copies in Camera Raw, the option disappears as seen below:

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 11.25.47.png

 I was asked to make a new resized DNG file with snap shots of adjustments to send a to a teacher. If there is another way of doing this, I would be very grateful for advice. Thank you for your time and help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines