Exit

Stuck in Camera Raw Filter

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop v20.0.07 & v 21.0.1

macOS 10.14.6

I'm editing using the Camera Raw filter on a smart object, and after switching to another application and then coming back to Photoshop, I can no longer use Photoshop and must force quit without saving. It looks like a problem with misplaced focus, whereas normally the Camera Raw filter dialog would be in focus/in front and usable, instead the progress bar dialog for the Camera Raw filter is in front. Clicking the cancel button on this progress bar dialog does nothing (makes the OS error sound), most actions in the Camera Raw dialog dont work as everything is greyed out and this window does not have focus — I can only click and drag to zoom, or click and drag the histogram. I cannot click anything in the Photoshop application window either. This priginally happened  in v21 so I switched to v20 but now it has happened there too.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Go to Photoshop->Preferences->General and turn off "Export Clipboard"

Still think this is a bug, but this will keep it from ruining your day.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate , Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Yup thats the exact method, i got this same thing. Its a window order issue as it seems. Probably small issue in the scripts, should be easy fix

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's sad I have the "just gonna live with it" mindset with this issue. It's like playing roulette with your time and production, every time I spin the Camera Raw wheel..."c'mon big money BIG MONEY BIG MONEY....NO WAMMIES!!!  Wahhhwahhhhwahhhhhh" and the force quit circus begins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the most recent updates (June 2022) I started hitting this 100% of the time with a set of headshot files I needed to edit. I tried all the things suggested in this thread (clipboard, GPU disabling etc). Nothing worked - the only thing that has consistently worked for me is not editing layer wiht ACR as a smart object and instead rasterize it. Once I converted to a non-smart object it all worked as I'd expect. Obviously a sub-optimal solution - I'm only doing minor edits via ACR so can afford for those changes to be lossy. Very sad situation to have this probably around for multiple years. Feels a little bit like the neglected WACOM drivers situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fairly consistently having a nearly identical issue for the last month or so as of July 2022. At first I thought it was due to updating my Photoshop (which I did so I had a patch to an unrelated bug), but now I've downgraded even a couple back to 23.3.2 and am still having the same issue as 23.4.2. I don't get the unmoving progress bar some other people have here - when I tell Camera Raw "Okay" to changes I"ve made , my cursor changes to the loading/saving icon and freezes. Photoshop is permanently frozen from then. It never gets marked as not responding, but it also never finishes loading. Just sort of a perpetual limbo. There is no Camera Raw window for me to drag over, as it has disappeared at this stage.

I've tried all solutions in here, including trashing preferences, re downloading the program, removing any Photoshop recovery files, changing options in the settings, and saving to Desktop instead of another folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this issue with my previous Mac for years and was a real pain. Have to say since upgrading to a M1 Ultra p it hasnt happened once - anyone else find this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to an m1 max macbook and the problem went away for me too. I dealt with this issue for 3 years, I'll never forgive adobe for it but am so happy it's gone. Hard to say whether it's because of the hardware or because I didn't migrate any files from my old macbook. I wish the answer to this problem didn't involve spending thousands of dollars but here we are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out when Camera Raw is up go to bottom right corner and select open then click open as object... Done you are no longer stuck in Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you link screenshots of what you're talking about? there is no "open" button (or anything clickable for that matter) when this issue occurs for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this problem right now... can't believe it's still not fixed after all these years? I've have to force quit. Cleared cache, still broken. On M1 Pro MacBook, Adobe Photoshop 2022 23.4.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having this problem right now... can't believe it's still not fixed after all these years?”

AGAIN: start a new post and start from scratch. Provide system info (in Help menu) and post there.

This is an old (and fixed) issue. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines