• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unresponsive Camera Raw from Bridge on a Mac

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title states... Camera Raw is unresponsive when attempting to open RAW images from either an SD card or any images (RAW or otherwise) directly saved onto my computer.  Here is the info... ANY help would be much appreciated.

• Brand new MAC  with M1 chip.  Plenty of memory
  • Adobe CC, everything is updated
  • Photoshop and lightroom have both been activated and used
  • Camera Raw filter in photoshop works
  • Lightroom works (I prefer Bridge to lightroom)
  • I've tried turning off the graphics processer. No luck and honestly is a dumb work around
  • Camera Raw settings within Photoshop have been checked
  • Bridge prefrences have been checked
  • Bridge opens, all steps are seamless until attempting to open images in Camera Raw
  • I've tried clicking the Camera Raw button and just right clicking and selecting open in Camera Raw.
  • No error occurs... just the spinning rainbow of death

I am super frustrated.  This is unexceptable. 

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your ACR preferences, better?
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (MacOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"

Author ā€œColor Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your responce.

A couple of questions...

What does ACR stand for?

Hold the Cmmand key down from where?  Photoshop?  My desktop?  Neither of these work.

I did go into photoshop prefrences/camera raw but there isn't anything that gives the option of deleting Camera Raw preferences.

Again. I can use the Camera Raw filter through PS and Lightroom works without an issue. But, under Bridge, Camera Raw will not open my RAW images.

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR = Adobe Camera Raw

Command Key on the keyboard for Mac.

Are you on an M1 Mac? 

Author ā€œColor Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Now I feel stupid šŸ˜‰
I am on an M1 Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My understanding is Bridge (which I don't use) isn't native for M1 and users on that chipset have been reporting some issues. So that may be the issue, you may want to go over to the Bridge forum and ask there. You say Photoshop and LR are fine, which is why I suspect this is a Bridge issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines