• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add Focus Stacking to Merge

Participant ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firmware Version 4.0 for the Olympus E-M1 has just come out with in-camera focus stacking. Actually this is limited to a maximum 8 shot focus bracket. However, if one is happy to do the focus stacking in PP, the camera will do up to a 99 shot focus bracket. No it is not a typo, I mean 99 as in 1 less than a hundred. Photoshop and a myriad other third party apps will do that or so I'm told. So, isn't it time to have focus stacking in LR? I have no desire to stuff around with two photographic apps. So let's make a noise to get focus stacking into LR proper!Regards,Bob Single Shot, 120mm f5.6 Focus Stacking of 150 shots, 120mm f5/6PS: Note, I've amended my comments above from earlier today.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
42 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need the ability in Lightroom to be able to search for specific dates across the catalogue - e.g. for all the images taken in November in all years, rather than have to search by individual years.

Also, it would be great to have focus stacking available in Lightroom, rather than having to open the images in Photoshop!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re focus stacking, please add your constructive opinion to this feature request:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-ideas/lightroom-classic-lightroom-ecosystem-amp-camera-raw... 

and be sure to click the Upvote button at the top right and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Re searching "for all the images taken in November in all years", some  have asked for that over the years:

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-date-search-by-mon...

but that feature request didn't have enough votes to get copied into the new forums, unfortunately.

You can use the Any Filter plugin to do this kind of search:

johnrellis_0-1637794976394.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola soy usuario de Lightroom Mobile para android... Tengo un movil potente el OPPO FIND X3 PRO 12 GB RAM SNAPDRAGON 888, podria ser en un futuro o pronto añadit la funcion de apilamiemto de enfoque o focus stacking? Seria muy util ya que me encanta la fotografia macro.... Tengo la reflex EOS 90D....

GRACIAS

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola porfavor señores de Adobe...seria miy complicado añadir la funcion de apilamiento de enfoque en Lightroom Mobile para android?? No tengo ni mac ni pc y edito mis archivos RAW CR3 en mi movil (oppo find x3 pro) y creo que es de sobras potente para poder soportar focus stacking...

Gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to implement a Focus Stacking  option in the photo merge menu, which alreay supports HDR, Panorama and HDR Panorama.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provide focus stacking support for Lightroom Mobile, both Android and iPadOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I would prefer it in the desktop, but I still did vote for it.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography , my post was about Lightroom, not Camera Raw... not sure it makes sense to merge it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose most newer cameras have focus shift/stack features, but I'd like to see that option as a Lightroom feature added to the already really great HDR and Pano features.

A focus stack ability directly from Lightroom would save exporting to Photoshop and using a custom action then importing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you can develop a way to focus stack images in LR rather than have to go to PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can now enjoy AI powered features in Lightroom Classic. Enhance, panorama and HDR creates a new DNG file.

I think it will be a great feature to add Focus stacking, to create a new DNG file with wider depth of field created from a series of raw files, like the auto blend and auto align selected layers feature in Photoshop. It will be especially useful in macro photo, but also in a number of other situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know one can't focus stack in LrC.  I don't know why?  It needs to be done in Photoshop.  Those that cut their teeth on Ps would find this a non-issue.  However, I'm a LrC only person.  Frankly, I find Ps a PITA.  So, I would hereby like to make a plug for focus stacking capability in LrC.  Why not?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merge to HDR = check

Merge to Panorama = check

Merge to Focus Stacked =  MIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a Lightroom Classic user, I don't have a Photoshop license and would like to be able to stack macro pictures with different focus.
Stacking several macro pictures with a slightly different focus increases the sharp depth of field of a macro picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HansF65 siad::  As a Lightroom Classic user, I don't have a Photoshop license and would like to be able to stack macro pictures with different focus.

Unless you are running LR6 or previous with a perpetual license (in which case you would not get any new fetaure anyway) you do have a Photoshop License.  All Adobe subscription plans that include Lightroom Classic also include Photoshop.  However that does not reduce the need for Merge to Focus Stacking in LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom has potential, in spite of it not being an ownable program light PS. Aside from that, I'd love to see Focus Stacking be made available for the mobile version. I do majority of post processing via mobile at the moment & do a lot of macro work... it's a shame to not have the feature available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate