• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: More Photoshop like clone/healing/content aware brushes

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More Photoshop like clone/healing brushes in Lightroom!
I love retouching in Photoshop, especially with the content aware fill with the healing tool, but Lightrooms tools are clunky. I don't know if there are technical limitations to implementing tools like Photoshop's in Lightroom but it would be GREAT!
I would rather be able to get a baseline retouched image in Lightroom than having to edit in Photoshop and then come back to Lightroom. I would rather just use Photoshop for image alterations.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Content Aware Remove was added to the Desktop Clients in today's release. Check it out!

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 237 Replies 237
237 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2011 Dec 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> How much more consensus do you need than this very frequently
> requested feature?

And you are surprised it's not acknowledged why? How can that feature requests be more vague: "More Photoshop like clone/healing/content aware brushes in Lightroom!". That is a huge chunk of possibilities, just look around, people asking for rotation of clones, people asking for "adjustable shapes like rectangles with rounded corners" (!), etc. I could get behind some, certainly not some others, and it's hurting the request at this point.

As a "former project manager", if you have use a bug tracker system, then you know this feature would have to be split or re-specified into smaller chunks because it's way too vague. If you want a chance to have some of it implemented, I think that request should be re-formulated, or its description point at sub-requests that people can vote on (and these sub-requests *not* being re-merged into a bigger blog).

It has a lot of votes *because* it's vague. As a developer I will look at it and be "OK, it's popular, but how does that help me besides a vague direction, many people seem to want different things here, where do I start?". It doesn't mean said developer wouldn't start adding something towards that goal, but some people in this thread might still be unhappy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Regarding "limited resources": I do not think that the code for better distraction removal support would be developed by the LR team as such. It would be developed by the ACR coders. I believe that any ACR development would benefit from resources available to Photoshop development and I don't expect any scarcity of resources here. "

Probably true, but the ACR team is by far the smallest of all. It's around four people, as far as I know, and they have plenty to do with new cameras (are we over 200 yet?), new profiles (i.e. Nikon V4), new processing (i.e. PV2010, and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"As for the thousands of feature requests, I would imagine that a great deal of them would actually fit the curriculum of current feature sets, and would simply be expanding upon existing code. But something bigger, such as our topic here, seems to be a feature which goes beyond the casual musing (I think ) and demand a bit more attention. "

It's true that many are small things, but many more are not. We tend to get a small handful of large things every cycle, and if you look at the ranking on this forum, there are quite a few big ones being requested, many of which won't make the cut I'm sure. Multi-user data base, raw plugin architecture, more localized adjustments, better handling of keywords, and face detection are all on the first page (of 78 pages) in addition to this one, and note that two of them compete for resources directly with this one. The second page has four more ACR requests.

Plenty to do. I wish we could take the ACR team and clone them a few times. The request in this thread is one of my top ones as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2011 Dec 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I caved and bought PS CS5. Got it with an educational discount, so the price wasn't so bad. Now I have it all, albeit in different places.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2012 Jan 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and in different images. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2012 Jan 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have a free hand selection tool option for the “Spot Removal Tool” in Camera Raw. The way it works now, I need to repeat the tool selection with many circles until I get the entire area I want to clone out of the image. It would also be easier if I could hide the previous circles when I add a new circle.

I take thousands of concert photos shot in raw mode. Up until recently, I would process each photo through Camera Raw and then into Photoshop for additional adjustments and save another version of each photo in Photoshop. With the recent improvements to Camera Raw, I have discovered that I can do all my processing in Camera Raw and have no need to go into Photoshop for adjustments (for 99% of the photos). I now save all that storage space (by not having to store 2 versions of each photo) plus my process is streamlined. I have also further automated Camera Raw with an external keystroke macro program to quickly jump to the different sliders. If I was able to have the free hand tool in Camera Raw, I would replace multiple adjustments using small circle selections with one adjustment using a free hand selection saving much time.

Even though using the “Spot Removal Tool” for a complicated removal is tedious, it is still preferable that going into Photoshop and having to maintain two files for one image. It would be great if I could select the item to be removed easier but if that is not going to happen, then I will continue doing it this way.

If a free hand selection is not feasible, then having a "rectangle" as an alternate selection shape would help in some cases when that shape would be better suited than a circular selection shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm - Lr4 final, or Lr5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Putting the content aware heal and fill functionality into Lightroom would be the biggest improvement that could be made to the product in my opinion. I really dislike leaving Lightroom to go into Photoshop for that functionality and doing so leaves you with two files.

I am a Software Engineer by day and I am certain the functionality can be added. It may take some extra effort then simply moving code over as one poster pointed out but that extra effort is worth it even if it means we all have to wait for the next release a little longer.

I am looking forward playing with the GPS support. I tag all my stuff and where I don't have camera GPS data or log data I use Google Maps and a third party Lightroom plugin, which gets the job done but is not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't really a question because I know it's not in the current beta version of LR 4 but I sure was hoping Adobe would add it! That's about the only tool in Photoshop that a photographer could REALLY REALLY use because of so many little irritating "eye polluting" objects like telephone wires and poles, signs and little flaws in nature that can ruin a perfectly wonderful shot. I can't afford to buy Photoshop, and this has been one of the best tools Adobe could develop, but it should be where photographers are "living" the most - and that's in Lightroom! If it's not in this version, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add it to the wish list. You would make so many of us very happy and expedite our editing processes when we have to shoot something we know we have to edit because of the eye pollution. I started under the forums for LR4, but was advised to make my comment here. I hope the others that also commented under my "question" follow through. It appears there are MANY photographers that have the same needs and I surely don't want to have to go out and purchase other software like "Inpaint" to compromise my loyalty to Adobe. There must be a way, I know programmers - the challenge is on folks! Appease your customers, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too find clone/healing/content aware brushes highly important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1, this would be awesome

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at least add using areas instead of circles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 13, 2012 Jan 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is absolutely necessary in LR and NO it wouldn't stop me from buying and using Photoshop.

Adobe you can't really say you listen to feedback and then ignore the #1 requested item. I want the feature so badly I wouldn't even mind if it only worked in LR if Photoshop was installed on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really can't imagine content aware healing is going to happen, even in LR5, but PLEASE lets have at least PS CS1 cloning level of functionality in LR4 final!

* Different shaped brushes
* Ability to change aspect ratios of brushes
* Ability to rotate brushes/source
* Ability to stack/layer multiple clones/healing spots
* Better control over edge softness/dither

This is by FAR the most important thing to add to LR4 - Not just in my opinion, but in the fact that this is easily the most requested feature here.

Come on Adobe - Make LR4 great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree M Thicke,

I personally don't use and don't need content-aware fill, so I'd be satisfied with the conventional cloning brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of all of the comments and requests I've seen on this thread, this is the best suggestion for LR4. Adobe developers, please listen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2012 Jan 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the only change they made to Lightroom 4 was to add a decent clone tool then I would pay for the upgrade. As it is if they don't include a clone tool I think I will stick with Lightroom 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish lightroom requests weren't lumped in with photoshop ones as the forums flooded with lightroom stuff, making the photoshop issues get sent to page 2. such as the much needed tiling / edgeless canvas request!!! 😠

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2012 Jan 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+ 1 count me in for content aware brushes/healing in Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everybody is talking about Lightroom but I (and I am sure others) live in Camera Raw and would just like a better selection tool for that program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can filter the forum by product: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As this is a lightroom forum section, I'm guessing that is why people are talking about cloning/healing/content aware... for lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic title says "Lightroom and Camera Raw". There should be a separate topic for "Camera Raw" because users of "Camera Raw" have different needs that Lightroom users (although some needs are the same).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone...

Has Adobe actually officially commented on this subject?

Question : Dear Adobe... are you going to inprove / add this feature yes or NO.

If yes then when.

Quite a simple question but one that leaves me thinking that the only strategy that adobe have here (As with other manufacturers naming no names apple) just drip feed enough features in order to drag out revenue lines over many years....

I am new to LR and find the endless requests for this feature quite frustrating as the demand surely demonstrates the need for this apparantly (depending on which comments you read) easy /difficult - absoloutely desperate to have/ not that bothered about it debate.

Votes

Translate

Translate