• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for Canon .CR3 Camera-matching Profiles

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is currently zero support for .CR3 camera color profiles in Lightroom... especially since the newer Canon cameras use a .CR3 format... making it difficult to get work done. Only slightly surprised that this wasnt planned for beforehand since there still isnt a 64bit version of the adobe programs that i can use on the most current version of MacOS.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain an update for this topic. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Camera Matching Profiles are now available for:

• Canon EOS 90D
  • Canon EOS 250D
  • Canon EOS 850D
  • Canon EOS M6 Mark II
  • Canon EOS M50 Mark II
  • Canon EOS M200
  • Canon EOS RP
  • Canon EOS Ra

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 501 Replies 501
501 Comments
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk yes. And it seems like me a lot of ppl are very upset with the situation we find ourselves in, delivering work that isn’t 100% up to scratch. What is Adobes plan going forward here? Or should we all be learning to use capture which seems to be able to handle the new raw situation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*stefan_kemar it’s so so frustrating! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*gillian lawtie And it's the tip of the iceberg as far as frustrations but this one is so apparently some stupid stance against CR3 or something and they're inconveniencing users for the sake of making themselves feel good. I use their stuff because at this point the muscle memory gets the job done but everyone I meet who's just getting into shooting, I tell them look elsewhere. Bloody well shame how they've gone about handling this particular matter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk oh wow. This is very worrying to read. Time to learn capture and end my 10+ year love affair with Adobe 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want this too! I have both LRC and LR and use an X-T4 and X100V. Classic Negative is my favorite film simulation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Adobe Lightroom Classic have profiles for Canon EOS R6? It is a year since the camera was released! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if Canon pissed off Adobe, or if Adobe pissed off Canon, nor am I sure collaboration is required for Adobe to create the camera matching profiles. Sure seems that way.

Maybe, now that Adobe Techs interact in the community ( having had to do so due to the migration of the feedback site into the community site. ) . One will respond.

As common customers, not Adobe employees, most of us have no idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "official" word that I have seen is that not all Canon models will receive camera matching profiles. It has been stated on this forum and elsewhere. There are third-party profiles available, some cost like $25 per set and others are free. I don't know how good they are, but I do know they are available. But if you are waiting for Adobe to provide those profiles you might be waiting a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The offical word:

Support for a particular flavor of a camera’s raw file does not necessarily mean that there will be Camera Matching profiles for that camera at the time of raw file support. It is normal for Camera Matching profiles to follow raw support by one or two releases. In the case of some camera manufacturers or the event of major changes by a particular manufacturer, that time may be greatly increased.

Note: Not all cameras will ever receive a set of Camera Matching profiles. ”

More about all this and support for tethered suport here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/p-levels-of-camera-support/m-p/12367949#M15254

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any workaround available? Camera Profiles from external sources seem not to work with Lightroom mobile (I am using Lightroom on my iPad only). Is it worth to convert the RAW files to TIFF via the Canon App and work with it in Lightroom? Any idea? It's awful to work in Lightroom with JPG files. Colours are great but dynamic range is awful. I wished Canon would offer a third file type between JPG and RAW in the Canon R6 settings. Something with Color Profiles, high dynamic range and possibility to edit in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have tested the colour fidelity profiles. Due to the snchronization with Lightroom on PC (cloud based sync.) it is possible to use them also in Lightroom mobile. But the results are not as good as like in the JPG directly out of the cam. Better than nothing but not worth to pay 25$ for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Ignore my last post. Something went wrong by importing the colour fidelity profiles into Lightroom. I don't know what exactly went wrong but I gave them a second try (same pictures, same profiles, just one reboot later) and now they are almost perfectly matching to to the original Canon profiles. I need more time to test it under the new conditions and will come back to you later this week with my final results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are there still no profiles for these cameras? They premiered over a year ago and still nothing. The colors of these cameras and the skin tones are very bad. For architecture or other static things, I prefer to take my old 5D mk II

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after some testing I can really recommend the colour fidelity profiles. They are working fine for me. Finally a solution that works. But still disappointing that Adobe is not able to provide any camera matching profiles for the Canon R6

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no color profiles for Canon EOS R5 in Adobe Camera RAW and Lightroom. Just contacted Adobe and they say they 'wait' for Canon. Could not get confirmation that it will come or not. Very dissapointed in the support from Adobe. Now I keep on processing my RAWs in the enormously slow Canon DPP 4 software to get a good starting point for the colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know if this is still on their roadmap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know if this is still on their roadmap?

This is how it works with pre-release software and those who have it and comment here: those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don't know.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on LR Profiles for the Canon R5 and R6 Cameras please? 15 Month old now. Or any proper work arounds that don't involve DPP?

Thanks,

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not provide info on upcoming updates. However Adobe Max takes place on October 26-28 2021 and an upgrade to LrC, Lr, ACR is expected to be released then. There is a post about the Adobe Max 2021 program at the top of the forum and there are some indications included in that post.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet, but Adobe Max takes place next week. Maybe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hope so!! It is a pain to use Canon DPP and export TIFF to photoshop to have a good starting point for colors. Adobe cannot or should not keep on ignoring Canon R5/R6 users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the newest Color Fidelity Camera Profiles (from September 2021) for the R6 and I am really happy with them so far. Especially the Profiles for Landscape and Finedetail are very convincing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We now have Canon CR3 camera matching profiles in the latest Camera Raw out today!

At last....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you get this information from?

The latest update is still from August:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate