• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for Canon .CR3 Camera-matching Profiles

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is currently zero support for .CR3 camera color profiles in Lightroom... especially since the newer Canon cameras use a .CR3 format... making it difficult to get work done. Only slightly surprised that this wasnt planned for beforehand since there still isnt a 64bit version of the adobe programs that i can use on the most current version of MacOS.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain an update for this topic. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Camera Matching Profiles are now available for:

• Canon EOS 90D
  • Canon EOS 250D
  • Canon EOS 850D
  • Canon EOS M6 Mark II
  • Canon EOS M50 Mark II
  • Canon EOS M200
  • Canon EOS RP
  • Canon EOS Ra

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 501 Replies 501
501 Comments
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"There is currently zero support for .CR3 camera color profiles in Lightroom... especially since the newer Canon cameras use a .CR3 format"

Are you referring to the Camera Matching profiles that approximate the in-camera renderings? At least some Canons have LR camera-matching profiles. For example, here are the ones for the Canon EOS R:

Which camera(s) are you referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea specifically what the OP is referring to either. 
Not all cameras have camera matching profiles either but until we know exactly what he’s referring to....
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the response from Adobe in this other forum thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2650451
MadManChan2000 indicates work is in progress for those looking for the missing camera matching profiles for recent Canon Cameras using the CR3 format. (with exception of EOS R - which are already supported)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Access to Camera Matching Profiles are camera specific. Exact camera. Not based on sensor, not based on in camera processor, not based on camera brand specific RAW.

So what camera do you have?

And, yes cr3 fairly new, what a March last year? So some catching up to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for no 64bit. Huhhhh?? All is now 64bit, do you perhaps have some old left over stuff (being nice) stuck in your MAC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait a second. Are you still using perpetual license LR? i.e. v6.14?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Fujfilm X-pro3 have been out for months, and Fujifilm X100V have been out for a few weeks now. They both introduce the new excelent film simulation Classic Negative. But I can not see that its been added to Lightroom Classic when I import my RAW files. I hope Adobe can ad it quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been searching this question for days since getting my X100V and this is the first mention I've seen of it.  Thanks for posting.  I'll keep an eye on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my X100V. Hopefully Adobe fixes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am missing  in photoshop elements 2020 a camara profiles for my Canon Powershot G7X Mark III

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From inside PSE 2020 go to Help> Update and install the latest app updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No update available, I think, i have the latest version:
Adobe Photoshop Elements Version: 18.0 (20200120.m.139570)  x64, Camera Raw 12.0.0.321.
I tried to update CameraRaw to 12.2. but it seems, Elements don't support this version. After going trought  update process, Elements shows still CameraRaw 12.0. and in Program ordner there is only Camera Profil for G7X Mark II, not Mark III

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon G7X MKIII is listed as being supported in Camera Raw 11.4 and later. Are you shooting raw files with .CR3 extension or JPG files? Only raw files have Adobe Raw and Camera Matching profiles.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After further investigation it appears PSE 2020 currently only supports Camera Raw v12.0, which has no Camera Matching profiles. Only the Adobe Standard and Adobe Raw variants are available. A future update should include ACR 12.2, which has the Canon G7X MKIII Camera Matching profiles.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

EDIT: I just checked PS 21.1.1 with ACR 12.2 and LR 9.2, which also uses ACR 12.2. There are no Camera Matching profiles in either of these installations. Adobe may have decided not to offer Camera Matching profiles or has placed creating them at a very low priority. I have the Canon G9X MKII and it has six camera matching profiles that emulate the in-camera picture style settings. I'm going to change the title to 'Camera Matching' to better define what's needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G7X Mark III release was 08/2019. I found also there is no camera Matching profile for Canon EOS RP, released 03/2019. It seems, Adobbe needs minimum 1 Year to create actual Camera Profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon changed something with .CR3 files and so far Adobe has created camera matching profiles for only 1 camera model that uses .cr3 RAW files (EOS R?). Search this forum for CR3 to find more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found here explainations from Adobe from 9/2019 about problems with CR3 and that they need time. Is there a way to try myself how matching profiles from another Canon models fits to my G7X Mark III?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use dcpTool to decompile the DCP camera profile, edit the XML file to change the camera model name, and then recompile it back to DCP file format. I suspect the results will be less than optimum using the EOS R Camera Matching profiles, but If you're comfortable with command line apps you can give it a try.

http://dcptool.sourceforge.net/Introduction.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot you can also use the DNG Profile Editor to do this by selecting a different Base profile such as the EOS R. See link below. I just tried it with the EOS R Camera Standard v2 profile and the colors are badly shifted. I doubt the dcpTool edit will work any better and perhaps worse! This is the issue Adobe is facing so no simple copy-over solution.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/using-camera-profiles-from-a-different-model/td-p/1...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried dcpTool with an EOS R and a G7XmarkII profile. After editing camera name and compiling to dcp I could import they as zip file with the CameraRaw profile import funktion. But colors are not fitting like in your pictures about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I played around with the DNG Profile Editor to see if I could emulate Canon's Digital Photo Professional (DPP) Camera Standard rendering and was not too successful.

What I did find is that LR/ACR is not applying Lens Profile Vignetting correction with the 'Built-in' lens profile. In addition the built-in lens profile distortion correction shows some uncorrected barrel distortion, but only at the top of the image. The DPP edited TIF also displays the same barrel distortion, so it's probably a "manufacturing tolerances" issue. If you click on the 'i' icon it states "distortion and chromatic aberration correction" has been applied automatically with no reference to Vignetting correction. I needed to apply Manual Vignetting Lens Corrections Amount +60 and Midpoint 25 to correct the below test CR3 file. The DPP output file was perfect with its 100% Peripheral Illumination setting.

Interestingly, my Canon PowerShot G9X MKII CR2 file's 'i' icon also states "distortion and chromatic aberration correction" has been applied automatically with no reference to Vignetting correction. However, I downloaded the same test image file below and vignetting and distortion correction is perfect with just the built-in lens profile inside LR. 
If you can duplicate these built-in lens profile issues using your camera I suggest creating a separate 'Problem' report.

https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/canon-g7x-iii/G7X3hSLI00125NR0.CR3.HTM

https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/canon-g9x-ii/G9X2hVFAI00125.CR2.HTM

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop Elemennts. Lens profiles are not supportet there, only manual correction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All cameras that use built-in lens profiles have lens corrections applied automatically, including in Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly same issue here with x100v. Now I need to post pro my jpeg for the sake of classic negative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to Camera Raw were released last night that address this issue. Please download the latest update via your Creative Cloud app and install. Please let us know if you continue seeing the issue after updating to 12.2.1. Thank you for your patience!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate