Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aligning Captivate 3 Flash files in browser

Aug 05, 2009 Aug 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have produced flash files from Captivate and want them to align top left in the browser window. I have tried editing the htm file but whatever I do I cannot get them to play anywhere but centre.

Appreciate if you can let me know what I need to do to get this working.

Thanks

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just need to modify your HTML file a bit.

In this block of code...

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
writeDocument('<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="640" height="511" ID="Captivate1">'+
  '<param name="movie" value="ttt_skin.swf">'+
  '<param name="quality" value="high">'+
  '<param name="loop" value="0">'+
  '<embed src="ttt_skin.swf" width="640" height="511" loop="0" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" menu="false" align="left"></embed>'+
  '</object>');
//-->
</script>

add the text which is in blue above. That should work for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have the correct location I have edited it as below and it has not changed anything:(

</script>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#FF0000" onunload="Finish();">
  <layer id="NS_dynamic" name="NS_dynamic">
  <script type="text/javascript">
   <!--
   writeDocument('<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"'+
    'codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0"'+
    'width="2" height="2" id="scorm_support" align="left">'+
    '<param name=movie value="SCORM_support/scorm_support.swf"> <param name=quality value=high> <param name=menu value=false> <param name=bgcolor value=#FFFFFF>'+
    '<embed src="SCORM_support/scorm_support.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF  width="2" height="2" name="scorm_support" align=""'+
     'type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer">'+
    '</embed>'+
    '</object>');
   //-->
  </script>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

You've written

'<embed src="SCORM_support/scorm_support.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF  width="2" height="2" name="scorm_support" align=""'+
     'type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer">'

instead, it should be

'<embed src="SCORM_support/scorm_support.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF  width="2" height="2" name="scorm_support" align="left"
     type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer">'

text to be changed marked in red.

Also, notice that you have one ' before type, remove that as well.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really appreciate your help but I mad the additional edits and I'm afraid that still nothing has changed. Something else must be going on:(

Is it possible that the swf file is the problem??

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SWF shouldn't matter. I tried with the code snippet i pasted in my first post and it works for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Perhaps simply remove the <center> and </center> bits surrounding the code?

tmp1.png

Seems to work for me. I tested in Firefox and IE.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man! Why didn't i see that! That is much simpler! My bad!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly there thanks Rick - its now left aligned but I can't remove a border (shown below in red). I went back and changed all refs to with and height to width="0" height="0" thainking it may be a border...but nothing changed.

Any more ideas?

Thanks heaps.

center removed.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Do you by chance have borders enabled for your project?

Click Project > Skin... > Borders tab to check.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I did check that out yesterday - borders are *not* applied.

I did apply green borders and red HTML background just to 'see' what was happening... so I can confirm there are no borders...the area that lies between my flash movie and the browser displays red.

Thanks Rick.

Let me know if you come up with anything else I can check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'margin' property is generally what controls such distance from the top/sides to the content. Could be the 'padding' property but I'd bet on 'margin' first. Setting the margin in the body tag, and possibly the embed/object tags, to 0 may do what you need.

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my query. I have tried all the suggestions, including putting margin="0" throughout the html, but it still runs with a a gap top and left hand side (as shown in red in an earlier post).

I have attached the htm file in case anyone is keen to look directly at the code.

All suggestions welcome:)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources