• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background audio stabilization on slides that include narration...

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

After adding some background music to my project I realized there are high's and low's on some of the slides. I've tried to adjust the volume, selected the option of Adjust background audio volume on slides but this has not worked.  On a few slides, the music is louder than the narration vs other slides where you can barely hear the music. Any suggestions?

I'm using Captivate 9...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure each clip for each slide is the proper/same volume level you want?

Do you have an external audio editor - perhaps Audition or Audacity (free)?

I'd recommend you extract all the audio clips and check them in an external editor.

Use that tool to equalize each track (i..e bring backgrounds down lower).

Import a few into a new CP project and see if they then play as you intend.

If so, try in the original project - either by updating the audio (from the properties) or by removing the original audio and re-importing the new audio.

Helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The narration volume is fine. Its when I add the background music (taken from YouTubes free music library) where the volume fluctuates. If put this into Audacity and its fine. As soon as I bring it back into Captivate, the volume gets wonky.... any other thoughts? Erik Lord

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been a bit since this post, apologies. Maybe its a format issue - what's the format and details of the file for the background music? Is it mp3 already? How's the quality? What if you convert to a .wav with Audacity then bring that into CP as the background track?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Erik. I will try converting it to a .wav file and bring that in.  Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I also have the same issue. When I add background music to the slides that has narration, i also have the same issue where when there is a slight pause, music gets high. Music sounds good when the narration is playing. Only when there is a pause, this happens.

I tried the background settings but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Jaya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to use the Adobe Media Encoder packaged with Captivate to do another conversion to mp3...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure... thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you also check the exact version number (Help, About Captivate)? Just to be sure you are using the most recent version which is 9.0.2.437.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the version is 9.0.2.437

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources