Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 - Adding text to speech

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an eLearning video and I want to convert text-to-speech using an add-on/plug-in. How can one do it in Captivate?

Any suggestions on the best way to do it?

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Text to Speech will always be bit 'robotic'. Personally I prefer to record my voice.

The workflow for TTS (one possibility) which I use:

• Open the Slide Notes panel (from Window menu).
  • Add each sentence in the slide notes as a separate note.
  • Click the TTS indicator next to each sentence (or on top - see screenshot red ellipse).
    TTS1.png
  • Click the icon button 'TTS on top (blue rectangle) to open the TTS editor.
  • Choose the wanted voice, you can choose a different voice for each sentence
    TTS.PNG
  • Click the button 'G

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terminology issues. Are you talking about a video inserted in a Captivate project or about an interactive cptx file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. I have an interactive eLearning module/.cptx file and I want to add human voice/audio to each slide. What is the best way to go about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text to Speech will always be bit 'robotic'. Personally I prefer to record my voice.

The workflow for TTS (one possibility) which I use:

• Open the Slide Notes panel (from Window menu).
  • Add each sentence in the slide notes as a separate note.
  • Click the TTS indicator next to each sentence (or on top - see screenshot red ellipse).
    TTS1.png
  • Click the icon button 'TTS on top (blue rectangle) to open the TTS editor.
  • Choose the wanted voice, you can choose a different voice for each sentence
    TTS.PNG
  • Click the button 'Generate Audio' at the bottom
  • Audio clip will be created and added as slide audio under the slide timeline. The slide  duration will be increased to fit the audio. That clip will also appear in the project Library.
  • I recommend to move the audio timeline (under the slide timeline) to leave a slight gap before and after the audio timeline.
    GapAudio.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get these TTS voices? I have downloaded 2019 but only have Zira and David to choose from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please open the Speech Management dialog box ffrom the Audio menu. There should be a hyperlink at the bottom left to install the voices. The label is 'Download new and enhanced voices'. Clicking that hyperlink will download the new voices. I cannot show a screenshot, because I already have done that on my installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I have tried that over and over again. I even went into adobe.com and downloaded the Voice Installer as well. I'm not sure what else to do.  Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you behind a firewall? Do you have complete access to the www? It is a very large file to be downloaded!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources