• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I get the buffering icon before each video starts

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project containing slides with a video in it.  I inserted the videos as When I publish to video (mp4) and play, before each video starts, I get the buffering icon.  This disrupts the flow. 

I am using Captivate 2019 version. Does anyone have the workaround?

I tried the below but nothing solves the problem. Also i have attched the output for your reference.

1. Tried renaming the “VideoLoadingAnimation.swf” to “Old_VideoLoadingAnimation.swf”
  2. Tried renaming the “VideoLoadingAnimation.swf” to “1234.swf”

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the steps in this video here: https://youtu.be/1j43vcFZNX0

Paul Wilson, CTDP
In this video, I will show you how to optimize your video for your Adobe Captivate eLearning project and get rid of pesky buffering. *Do you need help with Adobe Captivate?* https://captivateteacher.com/how-i-can-help *Subscribe to my channel for FREE:* https://goo.gl/iuA6Lm *Join as a premium ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Paul. I learned Captivate only by your videos thanks again.

Regarding the issue my problem is completely different. I am getting this white screen with loading icon at the start of the video in each slide.

I have the same problem mentioned in this post also - https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate-discussions/buffering-icon-appears-when-including-a-video-d...

If i distribute the video across slides I am getting the perfect video without the white screen, but if I add video in a single slide the problem appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of videos are these (event video or slide video)? Also, look at your timeline. This wouldn't effect the buffering icon but the white space could be because the video doesn't span the entire timeline. To make it seamless your videos need to be optimized for a lower bandwidth and you should be using slide video. Event video doesn't play in time with the timeline.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a slide video. I am getting white space alomg with the buffer icon. The timeline looks perfect. I have attcahed the output video for your reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I probably should have asked this upfront, but what version of Captivate 2019 are you running? The latest is 11.5.5.553 on Windows and 11.5.5.676 on macOS. Click on Help / About... to get the exact number. I seem to recall one of the interim versions having this issue. You might need to update. If it isn't that, then check with captivatehelp@adobe.com for full technical support.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources